Technicolor Connected Home ’s mission is to constantly ensure that customers feel the wonder of smarter digital life experiences, regardless of place, device, time of context. Weaving content, applications, data and devices together, predicting and delivering what consumers want and need.
From connectivity excellence to immersive content experiences to Internet of Things (IoT), we are at work to open the door to new business models and innovative market positioning, allowing service delivery from any source to any device with the fastest speeds possible. We help our customers deliver on consumer demands for interoperability, high performance, enhanced content discovery and viewing, crisp and constant sound and image quality, intuitive usability and beautiful designs at home and on the go. All of this in a scalable range of applications, devices and services that can integrate across platforms to guarantee cost-effective growth while differentiating our customers’ offering to drive lasting consumer relationships.
Today Technicolor is #2 in CPE, with a 15% market share, 60 million devices shipped every year, with 2,400 employees and 1,200+ engineers. With the recent acquisition of Cisco’s Connected Devices Business and team acquisitions, Technicolor is in a position to create an even stronger impact on the marketplace in 3 domains:
- Bring the highest quality, most integrated and completed content experiences for consumers at home, across all networks;
- Bring the fastest speeds to the home and within the home that fuels the appetite for more demanding applications, games and content consumption.
- Support the deployment of market-leading Immersive Experiences around the world.
The successful candidate will work within the Connected Home CTO architecture team to define and architect advanced Wi-Fi and Cellular Wireless technologies that solve real-world problems faced by network operators in residential and business wireless networks.
Responsible for providing practical solutions to business projects and providing practical solutions to business projects and delivering architecture strategies for IT system evolutions.
- Technical Leadership – provide technical vision, direction and leadership across a wide spectrum of technologies with specific in depth expertise in multiple tier applications, data and integration or infrastructure technologies.
- Education – provide architectural expertise and direction to Project Managers, Business Liaisons, System Analysts, other Architects and lead Developers.
- Architecture Governance – engage across project teams, vendors and other stakeholders to ensure business projects and enabling technology are delivered in line with the agreed Enterprise Architecture.
- Solution – provide architecture and high level designs and system integrations.
- Technology – research new technologies in Cloud Computing, Big Data, Mobile Application and Social Media and validate applicability to current products
- System Standards – develop in-depth knowledge and document existing IT system portfolio and future architecture/infrastructure and technology standards.
Qualifications / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate would have experience in
- 802.11 mac layer protocols, 802.11e, WMM, Radio Resource Management (RRM), Self-Organizing Networks (SON), 802.11k, 802.11u, 802.11v, QOS, Airtime Management technology, Interference detection, Band Steering, Hotspot 2.0, Wi-Fi drivers, Wi-Fi HAL layer definition, other 802.11 advancements
- Wi-Fi measurement and analysis tools
- LTE, LoRA, Small Cell, ZigBee, ZWave, Bluetooth and knowledge of evolving 5G Wireless and other emerging wireless technologies.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, computer science or a related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
The above are minimum requirements. Resumes from more experienced candidates are welcome. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.