As a Customer Care Associate, you can make a big difference –
to our customers, your team and our business. It’s not an easy job, but for the right person, it can be a ticket to a great career, cash incentives and lifelong friendships.
A Chance to Shine
As a Customer Care Associate, you have the chance to help hundreds of customers every day. Each call is an opportunity to show you’ve got what it takes to succeed. Here’s how:
- You use Alliance Data’s computer system and customer care guidelines with your listening and problem-solving skills to investigate and fix problems for customers (in a call center environment).
- You use your good judgment to know when to ask for help with a customer, how to interpret a customer’s financial profile and how to balance taking care of the customer with taking care of our client’s business.
- You offer customers additional benefits when the computer system shows that they are eligible. You use your sales skills to encourage them to sign up for these programs.
- Confused and frustrated customers test your customer service skills every day. You use your calm head, caring heart and pleasant tone to make a difference in their day when you can. Your resiliency is essential when handling difficult calls. You treat every customer like they are the most important person you’ve spoken to all day.
- You and your team learn from and care for one another. You work together to meet team goals, earn incentives and improve your performance.
- You update the computer system during and each call to keep our systems up to date.
- In our care centers, calls are monitored and scored for quality. We also survey our customers and value their feedback regarding their experiences with us. In each case, your calls are rated based on items such as issue resolution, treating our customers with caring and respect, as well as how well you follow guidelines. Great scores and you’ll see your hard work pay off with great incentives and a top performance ranking!
Do You Have What It Takes?
Below you will find the applicable qualifications we seek:
A caring and friendly personality. At Alliance Data, we believe in caring for our customers. That means listening closely, showing concern and putting yourself in the customer’s shoes.
Patience, confidence and resilience. You’ll be talking with all sorts of people: happy, frustrated, nice, and not-so-nice as well as novice to advanced levels of credit knowledge and/or experience . You’ll need patience and self-confidence to put customers at ease and build trust with them. Resilience will help you make it through difficult calls and tough customers.
A love of achievement and friendly competition. At Alliance Data, we love setting goals and then working hard to achieve them. We also enjoy friendly competition. Each month, everyone’s performance score is posted and top performers get a better incentive and recognition. It’s a great way to see your hard work pay off!
Laser beam focus. You’ll spend your day sitting in your workstation, answering telephone calls. It can sometimes be repetitive. It isn’t always easy to stay on task, but successful Customer Care Associates find ways to stay focused. The ability to actively listen, problem solve and document accounts while simultaneously working through high stress situations is essential.
Comfortable with learning and changing. We try to improve all the time. That means asking questions, trying new approaches and making changes when something isn’t working as well as it could. Successful Customer Care Associates welcome new ideas, new approaches and change. They ask questions and love to learn new things.
Comfortable using a computer. You’ll be using a computer, navigating websites and our care systems to update customer accounts and make notes about your calls. You should be familiar with a keyboard and as well as basic computer software. Your typing ability should be at 25 WPM or more.
Other Important Things to Consider
Customer Care Associates work 40 h ours per week. Our hours of operation are dependent upon our client and customer needs. Flexibility with schedule availability is important and schedules may include nights and weekends.
Because you’ll be working with customers’ financial information, Alliance Data performs background checks on all our associates. All job offers depend on successfully passing a background check.
Preferred experience: Previous call center and customer service experience is preferred.
Card Services Pay Statement
Card Services offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Card Services Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
Let's face it; it's a brand loyal world we're living in, which is why Card Services offers integrated private label and co-brand credit card programs enhanced by integrated marketing services. We manage over 90 credit programs for America's most recognized retailers, helping them sell more and improve customer loyalty.
About Card Services
By being deliberately different, Card Services delivers richer insight, more relevant connections, and greater engagement for our brand partners.
Through our branded credit programs, we’ve been creating brand loyalty for more than 25 years. From our unique retail heritage, we learned the importance of being brand- and customer-centric; we’ve made it our business to know and understand our brand partners and their customers better than others in the industry.
Today, we build tailored marketing and loyalty solutions for our clients, many of the world’s most recognizable brands across a multitude of industries. They benefit from unmatched customer insights and analytics, capabilities driven by innovation, and a customized approach to growing their programs. Each marketing opportunity we create is specific to our partners’ brands and their unique cardmembers, and aligned with the customer experience.
It’s how we support our Know more. Sell more.® promise each and every day. To learn more about Card Services, visit http://www.alliancedataretail.com
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.