Nuveen Investments, LLC
Nuveen, part of TIAA Global Asset Management (TGAM), is seeking an Industry Analytics team leader to join the firm’s Business Intelligence team within the Advisory Product & Solutions group. The Industry Analytics team supports the firm’s Senior Leaders, Fund Boards, Product Management & Development, Distribution, and Investment teams.
This position’s primary responsibilities include managing the team’s analysis of broad trends shaping the asset management industry (e.g., fund flows, product innovation, distribution landscape, competitor developments and regulatory changes) and their potential business implications. The team is also responsible for providing consolidated views of TGAM’s investment products across asset classes and investment affiliates and identifying areas of relative strength/weakness compared to market benchmarks, peer groups and key competitor firms.
Job Description Qualifications
- MBA or CFA designation along with strong graduate and undergraduate academic credentials
- 10+ years of relevant work experience including managing/leading a team
- Passion for financial markets, the asset management industry and related research
- Effective leader with the ability to motivate a team and maximize the skills set of each team member
- Strong analytical, writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong, professional work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to organize data, information and main messaging at the right level of detail for a given audience
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver
- Results-oriented with ability to multitask and complete projects in a timely manner
- Strong team player with ability to collaborate with peers across multiple business areas
- Comfortable interacting with individuals at the highest level of the organization
- Advanced software skills, Excel & PowerPoint, Strong working knowledge of Morningstar Direct and Simfund
Duties and Responsibilities
- Convey to various constituents (requiring varying levels of detail) key characteristics defining the state of the asset management industry, the forces shaping its change and their relevant importance to TGAM’s existing business and strategy.
- Manage the teams resources with regard to:
-Production of reports highlighting weekly industry developments, monthly capital market returns, industry vs.
TGAM fund flows and TGAM investment performance.
-The needs and requirements of TGAM’s Fund Boards with regard investment product and affiliate information
-Market and industry intelligence that informs strategic decision-making on key business initiatives/projects.
- Interact with and make presentations to internal clients including Senior Management/Boards, Product Management/Development, Distribution, Marketing and Corporate Strategy.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.