Teradata, the world’s largest company solely focused on enterprise data warehousing and analytic solutions, provides powerful solutions for companies of all sizes. Through innovation, consulting services, technology, and industry-specific applications, our customers are outpacing their competition with enterprise agility.
To find out more about exciting career opportunities at Teradata, visit www.teradata.com/careers.
Position Title: VP, Advanced Analytics
Job Category: Product Management
Reporting to: VP, Product Management
This role is responsible for product management programs, product and services development program oversight, product budget and forecasts, executing on existing program processes and leading future process improvements for the Teradata Advanced Analytics portfolio. This role will manage all product direction for the Teradata Advanced Analytics portfolio including: customer feedback, forecasting, product strategy, prioritization, development scheduling, influencing engineering, vendor management, as well as key ongoing operational processes such as recruitment. Further, the role will facilitate and coordinate the continual strategic planning process for Advanced Analytics across the Teradata organization. The incumbent will also facilitate and lead the budget cycle input and the capital plan and report on spend vs. plan on a monthly basis.
• Drive the strategy, direction, investment and realization of Teradata’s advanced analytic portfolio (Teradata Database, Aster Analytics, Open Source Software); Responsibilities also including pricing strategy and methodology, revenue and market share projection, and results tracking.
• Manage the scheduling and product management process for all project deliverables, including new services, ongoing programs and prioritizations, and building out a highly skilled product management team focused on advanced analytics.
• As a part of the Leadership team of Product Management, lead the efforts for tracking spend, budgets, status of customers and risks for the Teradata portfolio.
• Develop project plans; including project schedules, resource requirements, risk management planning, internal and external dependencies.
• Lead and facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, action item tracking and managing services content.
• Lead a customer success team to deliver Teradata products and services. The customer success team includes cross-functional members representing product management, engineering development, marketing, sales deployment (Americas & International), training, publications, customer services, professional services, and Teradata partner products, to bring a product and services portfolio through an agile program realization process and to final general customer availability.
• Manage a team for the development of technical product requirements as well as requirements related to product supportability, education, and training. Write detailed use cases and epics for communicating requirements within the Teradata Labs organization.
• Work directly with key customers and conduct requirements, demo and iteration walkthroughs with end users.
• The candidate will have been a practitioner in the field of advanced analytics and has built out analytic capabilities in the SaaS space.
• The desired candidate will be a change agent who can work with R&D managers to streamline engineering processes with a goal of simultaneously improving quality, content delivery and schedule.
• The candidate must be able to look across a broad spectrum of new technologies and engineering process methodologies to formulate and drive improvements into the daily processes used by the product management team and peer organizations.
• Passionate about the challenges of building new Teradata offerings.
• Experience in building and leading high performing teams.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate advanced analytical concepts and complex quantitative analysis in a concise, clear and actionable manner.
• Positive attitude, attention to detail and intellectual curiosity are must.
This position is located in San Diego. This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level.
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated who is ready to participate in a team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata. The successful candidate will possess excellent skills in organization and time management where scheduling priorities and efficiency in system configuration is essential. The selected candidate will possess good communication skills (verbal and written).
• A Bachelor’s Degree in technical or business discipline + 10 years in related product management or engineering management required for this role.
• Master of Business administration, advanced technical degree or equivalent work experience is required.
• Must be able to complete detailed work, organize efficiently and drive influence.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and a track record of producing results in a team environment
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.