Vice President of Business Development
Applause is looking for a business development exec with a track record of opening new doors and closing deals. This position will work with our strategic partners in helping them close Applause business through their salesforce. This person needs to be a creative problem solver and uber-driven in order to help take our partnership efforts to the next level. The role will have a direct and substantial impact on Applause’s partner footprint, top line results and go-to-market strategy.
This business development leader will develop, manage and close highly strategic partnerships with large software tools companies and app aggregators, such as Cognizant, Accenture, IBM, etc. This person will be responsible for the full lifecycle of these partners – from the initial introduction through nurturing the relationship and closing deals.
- Help identify the short list of named partners that represent strategic opportunities for Applause
- Plan and execute GTM activities and strategies
- Manage C-Level relationships and partner with Exec’s
- Understand the Applause business so you can make good decisions and avoid
- Perform extensive research into the named partners list so we can understand the best possible points of entry for these massive enterprises
- Negotiate successful partnerships with tier one players
- Implement (and influence internal resources to execute) the entire partnership lifecycle: research à evangelize à negotiate à project manage à nurture
- 10+ years of experience in tech-related biz dev / corp dev, professional services; experience closing successful partnerships with enterprise partners
- Must have a structured, repeatable approach to building partnerships, but be entrepreneurial enough to adapt and learn
- Must be able to scope and manage multiple projects with meticulous detail in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with the apps economy (social, local, mobile), and where apps come from is a major plus.
- Must have a balance of hard skills (technical fluency, financial mastery, legal familiarity) and soft skills (relationship building, evangelism)
- Show the tireless energy, tenacity and positivity that are hallmarks of successful business development executives
- Be results-driven and motivated by meeting and beating aggressive goals
- Willingness and ability to travel globally
Applause empowers companies to deliver great digital experiences – from web and mobile to wearables, IoT and beyond. By combining in-the-wild testing services, test automation and quality tools, Applause helps the world’s most recognized brands achieve the digital quality they need across every device, operating system, carrier, location and other criteria that their customers value. Thousands of companies – including Google, Fox, Amazon, Concur and Runkeeper – rely on Applause to ensure great digital experiences for their users. Learn more at www.applause.com and follow @applause on Twitter.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.