Technicolor Connected Home ’s mission is to constantly ensure that customers feel the wonder of smarter digital life experiences, regardless of place, device, time of context. Weaving content, applications, data and devices together, predicting and delivering what consumers want and need.
From connectivity excellence to immersive content experiences to Internet of Things (IoT), we are at work to open the door to new business models and innovative market positioning, allowing service delivery from any source to any device with the fastest speeds possible. We help our customers deliver on consumer demands for interoperability, high performance, enhanced content discovery and viewing, crisp and constant sound and image quality, intuitive usability and beautiful designs at home and on the go. All of this in a scalable range of applications, devices and services that can integrate across platforms to guarantee cost-effective growth while differentiating our customers’ offering to drive lasting consumer relationships.
Today Technicolor is #2 in CPE, with a 15% market share, 60 million devices shipped every year, with 2,400 employees and 1,200+ engineers. With the recent acquisition of Cisco’s Connected Devices Business and team acquisitions, Technicolor is in a position to create an even stronger impact on the marketplace in 3 domains:
- Bring the highest quality, most integrated and completed content experiences for consumers at home, across all networks;
- Bring the fastest speeds to the home and within the home that fuels the appetite for more demanding applications, games and content consumption.
- Support the deployment of market-leading Immersive Experiences around the world.
Thermal design engineer responsible for carrying out detailed thermal design and analysis activities. Projects under development are typically related to consumer premise equipment used by video delivery Service Providers (examples; STB, cable modems, gateways, security consoles, client boxes). As these products shrink in size thermal management becomes increasingly difficult. The thermal engineer will be responsible for developing creative methods to manage the thermal performance of the equipment. The candidate will work as a member of the Mechanical Design Team on the following activities:
- Thermal conceptual design, leveraging simulation tools
- 3D CAD Design
- Empirical thermal testing and verification
- Prototype development used for empirical thermal testing
- Research of new thermal counter measures
- Acoustic testing
- Documentation and ECNs
Qualifications / Qualifications:
- Preferred 7-10 years experinece in the thermal design of mobile devices, STB and or Gateways
- Advanced knowledge of thermal simulation tools (Six Sigma, Flowtherm, IceBox)
- Advanced knowledge of thermal counter measures heat pipes, fans,heat sinks,heat spreaders, TIMS and heat plates
- Background in developing innovative thermal solutions
- 3D CAD modeling experience, preferred ProE
- Experience with full product analysis to the support of design partners.
The above are minimum requirements. Resumes from more experienced candidates are welcome. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.