The Internet of Things will change the way people work, collaborate and innovate. Steelcase, with $3B in annual sales and the global leader in workplace environments, is uniquely positioned to lead the IoT transformation in our market. We’re creating connected systems for the workplace – intelligent spaces that are defined, designed and developed on a foundation of deep research and insight into people, space and technology.
We’re growing our technology development team in Portland, OR and are looking for smart, passionate and collaborative hardware, software and systems engineers to join us. We provide a flexible work environment, the latest tools, competitive compensation and a fantastic new space at the edge of the Pearl downtown. Even better, we’re offering the opportunity to help influence, innovate and design the way people will work in the future.
- Support testing processes in an accelerated product development process
- Participate in the management of critical development partnerships
- Evaluate product interdependencies and validate with test design and execution
- Contribute, participate, and support a culture of technology
- Ability to develop test scripts to automate product testing for the product process
- Ability to write test cases traceable to spec and user requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide advanced technical support to Steelcase Tech support representatives
- Demonstrate the ability to create a test harness to validate risk – security, performance and reliability
- Near – Ability to specify test process, evaluates supplier components and subsystems through integration Testing
- Monitor and perform to key performance metrics
- Review, under direction of design, costs, functionality and variability of product solution
- Ability to execute manual, exploratory and automated test cases and document defects and observations
- Ability to fully understand and apply basic enterprise IT architecture and tools
- Ability to configure platform to support test experiments
- Demonstrate the ability to use statistical measures determine appropriate test sample size
- Ability to review and prioritizes defects with product owners
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of tracking tools and test processes
- Self-Manage (prioritize, coordinate) day to day activities to established schedules
- Ability to Provide accurate and timely estimates for testing/project schedules
- Bachelor’s: engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Minimum 2 years of embedded Software experience
- Demonstrate experience in Linux for embedded system
- Experience developing in C/C++ or Java, Python
- Preferred tool set:
- Experience using LabView/Labwindows including TestStand
- Experience in an agile in test based environment (plus)
- Experience with using defect tracking tools and version control tools. (plus)
- Experience in writing automation script
Steelcase strongly supports a diverse workplace and welcomes all applicants. Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.steelcase.com.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.