Seagate is seeking a Technical Marketing Engineer for its Cloud Storage and Silicon Group (CSSG). This is a high impact role in driving one of key growth vectors for Seagate’s strategy for Surveillance and IoT markets. This role will be key to driving product relevance in key verticals and will report directly to Sr. Director of Vertical Markets for CSSG. This position is located in
This role will be a mix of hands on certification, performance testing and customer engagement with the goal of establishing Seagate systems products as key pieces in Surveillance ecosystem. This role will work closely with sales, marketing, system engineering and product management. Externally, this role requires building credible and trusted relation with Security System Integrators, and Video Management software vendors. It will be heavily involved in deep dive technical conversations with ecosystem partners, VMS certifications and creating whitepapers on performance profile.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Setup complete systems in lab with Cameras, emulators, VMS and storage
• Work with VMS partners to run complete certifications.
• Understand performance profiles and run multiple load testing
• Partner with sales on customer/partner development
• Actively drive technical customer engagements
• Create technical collateral and whitepapers for marketing
• Troubleshoot system issues during VMS onboarding and from customer sites
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• 7+ years in high tech industry, with 3+ years in Video Surveillance
• Demonstrate excellent proficiency in following areas – Video surveillance workloads, system architecture, data path, camera emulators, SAN storage
• Strong technical and scripting skills
• Very good communication skills
• Self-starter with ability to deliver results with limited direction
• Travel 25%
• 5+ years experience in data storage industry
• Proficient in Video Surveillance market and players
• Experience creating whitepapers
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.