The Internet of Things will change the way people work, collaborate and innovate. Steelcase, with $3B in annual sales and the global leader in workplace environments, is uniquely positioned to lead the IoT transformation in our market. We’re creating connected systems for the workplace – intelligent spaces that are defined, designed and developed on a foundation of deep research and insight into people, space and technology.
We’re growing our technology development team in Portland, OR and are looking for smart, passionate and collaborative hardware, software and systems engineers to join us. We provide a flexible work environment, the latest tools, competitive compensation and a fantastic new space at the edge of the Pearl downtown. Even better, we’re offering the opportunity to help influence, innovate and design the way people will work in the future.
Support Steelcase Smart Spaces/Furniture Strategy designed to enhance revenue, gain market share and position Steelcase as innovation leader in Smart Spaces.
Support and align targeted objectives in order to meet the following strategic goals:
- Design solutions as a system of integrated products (elements, software, hardware physical elements with connectivity in mind).
- Participate in product design with space or ecosystem user insights using technology as enablers; Evaluate product interdependencies with: existing offerings, technology trends, ecosystems, and frameworks or platforms;
- Participate in accelerated and iterative product development process in which continuous improvement, quality, reaction to insights, user observation, and 3rd party ecosystems evaluation are central focus;
- Contribute and participate in a robust Exploration stage of product development in which concepts, experiences and technology are envisioned through prototypes and experiments;
- Work with critical development partnerships that consider intellectual property, expanded front end capability, testing and validation capability, virtual and digital asset management;
- Support a technology culture / environment.
- Elicit, develop, analyze, communicate, and manage requirements, as well as facilitate stakeholder engagement and agreement on system requirements
- Document, and communicate requirements from stakeholders to different cross-functional teams (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Test)
- Collaborate with Project Manager to translate requirements into activities that produces deliverables of the project
- Participate and evaluate Hardware / Software technologies, concepts, partners, trends technology products
- Collaborate with Systems, Testing and Software teams, to develop technology system architecture solutions
- Create systems architecture diagrams and product specification that are suitable for RFQ, development and testing
- Communicate architecture solutions to and for Product teams
- Identify integration and interoperability challenges and create integration strategies that meet the needs of end users and their stakeholders.
- Participate in exploration and concept projects and teams (Internal and External)
- Participate in Cross-functional teams that focus on technology integration
- Agile team/processes
- Participate in the development of new tools and processes that improve and accelerate current product development process
- Leverage best practices to process and workflow within and outside of function
- Support Critical Development Partner Process through performance monitoring and compliance to agreements as documented in product and technology roadmaps
- Monitor IP risk and strategy
- Support an environment and culture of technology
- Collaborate with teams to prototype, evaluate, and specify product solutions that assist in the definition of product design (System and Product Design)
- Identify system risks and mitigations
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years in consumer or business technology electronics product and applications development focus to include: embedded, mobile, network, cloud or embedded,[ethernet, usb, hdmi, wifi, Bluetooth classic and LE), and zigbee.
- Experience in Software Development– concept through implementation. , Project management experience, Experience working with 3 rd Party Off Shore (and domestic) developers, Experience in leading electronics concept and prototyping development, Architectural system design, Embedded design. Experience in discovery and evaluation of technology for use in products.
Steelcase strongly supports a diverse workplace and welcomes all applicants. Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.steelcase.com.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.