Strategic Product Manager
This position is a highly visible role in Semtech’s LoRa wireless marketing team. You will be responsible for developing business strategy and technical requirements addressing LoRa’s focus vertical markets with the goal of successful commercial deployments of LoRa technology. You will also drive execution of the strategy working closely with internal teams and customers and provide guidance on project priorities.
The ideal candidate will possess strong product management experience with a technical background, preferably in the low power wide area networking space with excellent communication skills and a drive to win.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop product strategies and roadmap, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of business objectives, market characteristics including competition and cost factors.
- Develop a deep understanding of technical requirements for an end to end solution in target vertical markets.
- Create marketing requirements documents for new products with business justification.
- Work closely with technical support teams and sales to accelerate customer’s time to market and commercial success.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and partners including LoRa Alliance members.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote your products and services, working with marketing communications and other internal teams.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies.
Strong electrical engineering technical background with a track record of defining and driving semiconductor product development.
Demonstrate that they can engage with and develop a customer base with at least 5 years designing or developing similar solutions for customers in the wireless IoT space.
Strong leader and motivator for the global organization with an exceptional professional presence, good business acumen and knoweldge to establish immediate credibility with customers, vendors/suppliers, employees and the management team.
Experience with low power wireless technologies such as LoRa, FSK, BLE, ZigBee, 802.15.4/4g, FCC, ETSI, ARIB is highly preferred.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.