Job Post – 50988308
Strategic Analytics Consultant
Employment Type Reference Code
Regular Full-time 0002-NC50988308_001
Springfield STATE ST – MMFG
Founded in 1851, MassMutual is committed to its purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Ranked No. 76 in the annual FORTUNE® 500 ranking (FORTUNE® Magazine, 6/15/16), MassMutual continues its long
history of financial strength. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions
of Americans achieve their financial goals. We continue to be recognized for our efforts to create a diverse and inclusive
workplace! MassMutual is one of DiversityInc’s 2016 Top 50 Companies for Diversity and ranked a 2016 Top 10 Company
for Executive Women by the National Association for Female Executives. In 2015, after more than 15 years of earning a
place on the Working Mother Top 100 Best Companies list, MassMutual was inducted into the Working Mother Hall of Fame.
MassMutual also scored 100 percent on The Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index (CEI) to earn a spot on the
CEI Best Places to Work List (2016). In addition, MassMutual has been recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by
the Ethisphere Institute and 2016 Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly. For more information, visit
www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest. (Include disclaimer
below if description is accompanied by the corporate logo) MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for
Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives.
The Advanced Analytics team works to build capabilities around business model exploration, process refinement and
evolution, predictive analytics through big data, and advanced statistical analysis. We do this with project-based work in
small, high caliber teams. The team is comprised of a combination of data scientists and strategic analytics consultants.
Culturally, we look for individuals with a strong inclination for learning and from a variety of backgrounds that challenge each
other openly, regardless of level or role on the team. We operate using conceptual thinking, logic and data driven analysis.
We embrace diversity in all of its forms, require respect and look to have fun.
Within the Advanced Analytics team, the role of the Strategic Analytics Consultant is focused on building strong relationships
with business partners to assist in identification of new data science projects as well as leading execution of multiple projects.
As a core level role, the individual will deliver on multiple internal team projects as well as execute on one or more externally
facing data science projects in partnership with a senior member of the team. This involves working with subject matter
experts to gain a comprehensive understanding of business processes, documenting current state processes and developing
ways to use data to drive decisions. On this team, the expectation of the role of the core level consultant includes be adept at
problem solving, an effective communicator and a structured thinker.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Manage narrow scoped internal projects with a short-term focus individually
• Lead broad scope external projects that have short to medium-term focus in partnership with senior team members
• Dive deep into unknown business processes with the goal of improvement and driving change with data
• Engage with mid-level individuals across the enterprise
• Serve as a conduit of knowledge between functional (external) and technical (internal) teams
• Communicate regularly with individuals both within and outside of our team
• Learn to be comfortable with ambiguity
WHAT YOU (LIKELY) WON’T DO:
• Large amounts of computer programming
• Manipulation large data sets
• Sit in solitude at your desk
• Handles projects or work with defined scope in own discipline and typically has a short-term focus
• Works with guidance on small-scale team/unit projects
• Solves problems in own specialty area
• Makes worthwhile improvements to existing programs, and procedures
• Makes practical suggestions for improving work processes in own area
• Works for consensus and contributes to achievement of work group goals
• Individual typically has at least 2-5 years of related experience
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• For this position, candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
• Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
• Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws,
rules, regulations and company policies
• Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
• Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
• Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition
MassMutual Financial Group Financial Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual
Orientation/Gender/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.