The Staff Engineer, Big Data will work with Big Data Architects and Data Scientists to evolve the Huawei consumer Big Data platform. This individual should be highly self-motivated with a strong problem-solving and analytical nature, love of learning, passion for insight, and desire for achieving results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential Functions
• Design and implement components of a Big Data Analytic Platform for Huawei mobile services.
• Analyze the usage of latest Big Data technologies in Business Intelligence analysis.
• Support data as service collaboration with partners in US and other international markets.
• Apply machine learning to improve understanding of user behavior and product data.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities); (refers to job, not incumbent)
Minimum: Master's Degree
Preferred: Doctoral/Professional Degree
Major/Discipline: Computer Science/Math/Statistics
Relevant Work Experience
Minimum: 1+ year of Big Data development
Preferred: 3+ years of Big Data development
Skills & Abilities: (Technical or General)
• Proficiency in Java/C++ and SQL/RDBMS.
• Good software design skills.
• Strong knowledge of memory, threads/process, and networking on Linux
• Solid foundation of data structure and algorithm.
• Experience in developing hosted applications and RESTful services.
• Good communication abilities and capacity for teamwork.
• Proficiency in Python/Scala/R, NumPy, and MATLAB.
• Good understanding of Machine Learning and basic algorithms.
• Background in mathematical numerical analysis.
• Hands-on experience in Big Data Components/Frameworks, such as Hadoop, Spark, HBase, HDFS, Hive.
• Experience in distributed system architecture.
• Experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS and Google.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.