Understands the technical fundamentals, vocabulary, tools, basic failure modes and solution processes of Domain application or Vertical Industry and will leverage them to drive outcomes to shift left incidents and problems for GE CoreTech Solutions. Leveraging basic statistical and machine learning methods, you will analyze data to drive out defects, research and resolve anomalies through automation, contributing to the reduction of outages and increase in user satisfaction across CTS.
In this role you will be responsible for the following
• Design reports and visualizations for end users, businesses, and the CoreTech Solutions Team focused on the required business outcomes
• Manage and maintain the Analytics and Business Intelligence environment within the larger ecosystem
• Analyze data in the ecosystem to identify intelligent outcomes
• Perform automations to improve the level of support for the Command Center and Level 1&2 teams
• Partner with both core infrastructure teams and DWS on specific requirements and drive one common process
• Actively communicate progress against goals
• Minimum 5 year experience in PC, Mobility, Compute, Application or Network technology area
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Experience working with end users on Business Intelligence related requests to understand requirements and design outcomes to best meet the users need while leveraging out of the box functionality
• Experience with building and delivering reports or dashboards that meet requestor’s requirements while at the same time identifying opportunities to create global dashboards when beneficial to a larger audience
• Experience with next generation business intelligence tools (Tableau, etc.)
• Comfortable in building features such as web services and queries on existing tables.
• Aware of Methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc. May have prior work experience in an agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile. Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
• Operates with general understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development life cycle.
• Experience with Automation and Orchestration tools (such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Scalr, etc.)
• Experience with multiple programming languages such as Java, C++, Python, R, etc.
• Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Background knowledge and experience with infrastructure and application delivery, including network (routing, firewall, etc.), DNS, VMWare, cloud computing, databases, web and application servers, and the tools used to manage these environments
• Demonstrated ability to implement plans with a defined rhythm, metrics and process to ensure strong focus and consistent execution.
• Demonstrated ability to create, adapt, and execute plans to unstructured and/or complex problems.
• Demonstrated ability to use relevant information to anticipate problems and weigh options and promptly address issues, persevering through challenges
• Experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure, etc.
• Experience with Pivotal, Postgres, and Github
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.