J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc.
Sr. Test Data Management Engineer
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The candidate will be part of JCPenney Plano team, involved in building tools and procedures to persist data in heterogeneous database systems and support the test data requirements for different projects and programs. The candidate will be working with Test Managers, Test Leads, Architects, Development teams, Business teams and other IT departments to understand the data model and data flow between different applications and build solutions to accomplish the Test Data Management goals.
• Lead Test Data Management (TDM) activities and build an iterative, repeatable process to create, maintain and protect data in non-production environments to help End to End testing of key business processes.
• Manage and establish service levels for the TDM shared service, including transparency through reporting and valuation of service.
• Ensure alignment to Quality Shared Services best practices, tools and standards
• Responsible for implementation of advanced testing practices to improve quality and reduce overall cost and ensure the protection of data
• Managing stakeholder relationships and cross-functional engagements
• Researching and evaluating alternative solutions to traditional QA methodology and making recommendations related to test data
• Assisting with defining and delivering complete test planning and test execution and supporting the requirements for test data
• Developing efficiency and ways to improve testing processes and quality across the SDLC
• 8+ years of experience in Data Quality Assurance, Data Integration/Validation and Database Testing
• Working experience with any Test Data Management tool such as Informatica ILM, CA Datafinder, IBM Optim etc.
• Well-versed with data models, data relationship in heterogeneous environments and technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata)
• Expertise in complex SQL, Stored Procedures and other ways to manage/manipulate test data
• Confident with Test Data Management activities like Data Provisioning, masking, mining, sub setting, data refresh, data validation, data integrity checks
• Detail-oriented, with the ability to work under minimal direction, and independently determine approaches and solutions to resolve issues.
• Excellent Leadership skills, interpersonal skills and experience in interacting with stakeholders, including senior management team
• Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills.
• Experience with Retail business processes, flows and data models
• Experience in working with Big Data (Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.)
• Experience with HP ALM tools (formerly Quality Center)
• Experience with ATG E-commerce suite, Oracle Retail Merchandise (RMS), and/or Sterling Order Management (OMS) databases are a big plus.
• Experience with mainframe file systems such as ISAM and VSAM is helpful
Our corporate office supports the JCPenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) savings plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page .
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Media Room jcp.com
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.