The Strategic Project Manager for R&D Innovations at Samsung Research America (SRA is Samsung’s US R&D organization) will be responsible for driving new R&D initiatives and strategic projects within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with SRA management, labs, and multiple business units from headquarters in Korea to initiate and align project goals of labs with the
overall strategic plan
- Analyze the impact of new technology on Samsung’s core products/solutions, and present new opportunities and/or technology strategies to
integrate them to Samsung’s products/solutions
- Lead intrapreneur effort in new project definition, market research, project/product roadmap, proof-of-concept, and execution; secure all resource
evangelize both internally and externally of the value and vision of the project.
- Develop long-term goals for operational performance enhancement
- Work with internal groups and headquarters to streamline processes, increase collaboration, clarify roles & responsibilities, and strengthen communications
- Coordinate with labs to manage overall key metrics and reporting, including ad-hoc and regular reports
- Identify opportunities for potential vendor or partner collaboration, and manager the relationship
- Participate in the annual business plan process, collaborating with internal groups and headquarters
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Design, or related field, with an MBA preferred
- Project and Product Management for SW and HW development is required
- Knowledge in Mobile solution, Digital Media Solution, Multimedia Content, and/or IoT eco-system
- 5+ years of product and operations experience in high tech or management consulting organizations
- Strong understanding of a broad range of technologies relevant to R&D organizational investments and activities, with an emphasis on software
technology, and design thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to multi-task in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Proven experience working in a cross-cultural, multi-national corporation.
- Fluent in Korean is preferred
Samsung Research America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.