As a leading Fortune 500 Technology & Security Company, Symantec already protects more than a billion IoT devices, putting Symantec among the biggest providers of IoT security today, and first to deliver a comprehensive security reference architecture for how to build-in security to make your IoT systems “secure by design.” IoT security is a complex problem requiring both breadth and depth of security experience. Symantec brings an unrivaled breadth of leading security solutions for device protection, encryption, authentication, key management, and code signing. Symantec also has unmatched depth in security expertise from monitoring, analyzing and processing more than 10 trillion security events per year worldwide for Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network.
This particular team is building an exciting new security solution to extend Norton Security to everything connected in the consumer home. With IoT, the number of connected devices is growing at an exponential rate. While, these new devices offer a new range of possibilities, they also are increasing the attack vectors for the hackers exponentially. These devices collect a lot more sensitive personal data. Securing these devices and the personal information has never been so crucial. The team is building disruptive next-gen IoT security applications and product experiences that encompass hardware, software, mobile apps and services.
This team operates as a separate entity within the Norton Business Unit to find creative, bold & innovative solutions to solve some of the most complex problems in the IoT space.
As the Sr. Principal Software Program manager, you will be working closely with the SW engineering organization by managing and communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, and project status in development.
Beyond solid program delivery and technical skills, you have a proven experience in problem solving, managing multiple project simultaneously, deep understanding of embedded software product development, prior consumer electronics experience, and/or delivery of complex large-scale software projects.
You are a top performer with a rare and specific skill set who will thrive in a very fast-paced and demanding environment. You have an ability to think critically, lead through intellect, and be willing to roll-up your sleeves. In addition, be able to partner across a wide variety of functions at Norton. You have strong internal drive, a tenacious spirit, strong communication skills and a collaborative method of working.
· Create the overall project plan and be the key point of contact for all cross-functional teams for software deliverables.
· Create and execute on life-cycle mapping for the product from development to deployment, driving consensus and accountability across all functions
· Track and maintain cross-functional program plans, work with other cross-functional groups within Norton to manage dependency and deliverables. Drive core team accountability to meet committed program plans
· Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process between Norton hardware, software, cross functional teams and external vendors.
· Drive deep dives for consistent module and system level completion
· Track and ensure closure of engineering status, issues and facilitate good communication
· Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management.
· Manage complex requirements for post ramp parts qualifications
· Drive day-to day program activities to meet overall program objective.
· Be self-directed with the ability to review changes and weigh tradeoffs between engineering resources and operational improvements.
· Contribute to annual budget planning process
· Provide weekly updates and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management.
· Synchronize and partner with hardware program management and development team to build an overall development plan
– BA/BS degree, strong preference for Master’s degree
– Deep understanding and expertise in Agile methodology and its supporting tools
– 10 yrs+ experience in upholding a proven track record of successful complex program management (preferred in consumer electronics or computing space), using both agile and waterfall
– Experience in cross-functional program management with hardware or software experience
– Deadline driven and detail-oriented
– Strong in multi-tasking, cross-functional coordination, problem-solving, negotiation and management skills.
– Ability to influence, negotiate and hold teams accountable to execute
– Ability to work independently and in ambiguous situations
– When unable to deliver to a plan, be clear and articulate a path to resolution
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Able to communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community environment
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.