Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed. We have millions of visitors to our site per year and serve more than one million page views per month. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace.
HomeAway is a data-driven company with the Decision Systems department at the heart of the data analysis. Our deliverables include the Enterprise Data Warehouse, and automated analytical data streams that fuel our search engine, email marketing engine, and other production systems. As the industry leader with more than 1 million online listings across the globe – we generate a lot of data. Our team makes sense out of that data to provide a world-class experience for travelers, Property Owners and Property Managers alike. We accomplish this by pairing tried-and-true RDBMS (SQL Server) with powerful analytics platforms like Hadoop and BigQuery. As a Sr. Hadoop Developer at HomeAway – you’ll play a major role in how we process data that is at the very core of our business. You’ll partner with our Data Scientist to understand objectives, then work alongside our Engineers and Analysts to build data streams that power our analytical systems. Simply put – we want you to be a Big Data Expert. No big deal, right?
Our ideal candidate, at a minimum, will be able to:
– Build infrastructure using Hadoop’s core components such as HBase, Kafka, and Hive.
– Build data flows using Hadoop’s components including Oozie, Sqoop, Kafka and Hive
– Build work flows to accomplish complex tasks such as predictive analytics.
– Proficient with java and restful API development
– Collaborate with other teams including Software Developers, Data Scientist, and Data Warehouse Developers
– Work with large, multi-terabyte, data sets data using Hadoop, Hive and SQL.
– Be proficient with MapReduce
– Be proficient with HBase
– Have a solid understanding of Hadoop’s infrastructure.
– Work in a collaborative environment
– Proficiency with Spark
– Proficiency with Samza
– Experience with Machine Learning
– Experience with Click Stream Analysis
– Experience with Google BigQuery
– Great Medical & Dental Plans
– Highly Competitive salary
– Target annual bonus
– Company stock (RSUs)
– Employee Stock Purchase Plan
– 4 weeks paid vacation
– Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
– Ability to work up to two weeks in any of our offices around the world on a yearly basis
– Free drinks & snacks
– Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
– Free listing on HomeAway.com
– Electric adjustable stand up desk
– Casual dress code
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.