Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc.
Time to get to work! LRS Consulting Services is seeking two experienced Sr. Hadoop Data Engineers for a client in Overland Park, KS. This is a 6-month contract opportunity for the right person. If you’re that person, if you have the Sr. Hadoop Data Engineering expertise that we need, submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering IT excellence for over three decades. Our reputation for quality, flexibility, and strong relationships with our clients keeps them turning to us to meet their IT consulting needs. Our contacts combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you. So let’s get to work!
The Sr. Hadoop Data Engineers will:
- Lead the development of cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications. Analyze complex systems requirements, existing business processes, and information systems. Code, test, and debug documents, and implement software applications. Undertake complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. Coordinate with users to determine requirements that are more complex.
- Be responsible for architecture, design and implementation of Hadoop, NoSQL and traditional (hybrid) based full scale solutions that include data wrangling, ingestion, movement, storage, transformation, security, data management and analysis using these technologies.
- Technically design & architect, implement and deploy custom applications on Hadoop/NoSQL.
- Manage a project, risks & issues, and status reporting; lead a team (onshore/offshore) and provide technical subject matter expertise in support of the following: troubleshooting production issues with Hadoop/NoSQL, performance tuning of a Hadoop/NoSQL environment, designing, implementing and deploying ETL to load data into Hadoop/NoSQL, and security implementation of a Hadoop/NoSQL environment.To apply, please submit your resume to hropp@LRS.com. Visit us online at www.LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
– 2+ years of designing, building and coding applications using Hadoop and NoSQL components – HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Spark, MapReduce, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc. for production applications
- 2+ years of MapReduce coding, including Java, Python, Pig programming, Hadoop Streaming, HiveQL for data analysis of production applications
- 2+ years of hands-on experience designing and implementing data applications in production using emerging technologies such as: Hadoop Ecosystem (MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Pig etc.), NoSQL(e.g.Cassandra, MongoDB, Riak), In-Memory Data Technologies
- 3+ years industry systems development and implementation experience OR Minimum of 2 years of data loading, acquisition, storage, transformation, and analysis
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)Job Type:
This position is not eligible for benefits.
This position is: Contractual
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.