The point-of-care (POC) testing industry is changing faster than ever. At Abbott Point of Care, we’ve stayed ahead of the curve. We are a worldwide leader in fundamentally changing healthcare delivery at the point of care with solutions that are intuitive, innovative, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers.
Primary Job Function:
Execute tactical activities supporting S&OP forecasting and demand planning; participate in the development of highly predictable demand based sales forecasts for all products in the business portfolio; work cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Responsible for executing tactical components of monthly S&OP processes including but not limited to: consensus
forecasts, cross-functional assumption alignment, and management review presentations; regularly perform sales forecasts and influence
those outside of direct control, resolving conflicts to deliver consensus forecasts across the functional groups;
2. Work cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals; coordinate with commercial mgmt to develop product lifecycle; drive adherence
to accountability; support project teams to ensure project success; provide regular benchmarking and adjust processes where
3. Generate predictable forecasts for maximum benefit for resource allocation, capital utilization and investment decisions, including but not
limited to: ability to dependably manage inventory tightly, reduce distressed inventory and assess staffing requirements; responsible for
managing lot sequestering for key customers and the allocation process;
4. Monitor and recommend modifications to service metrics and safety stock levels; responsible for communicating product supply including; Drive the implementation of advanced analytics in business processes, KPI's and predictive modeling.
decisions to reposition inventory throughout the world to minimize customer backorders;
5. Develop and recommend contingency plans in response to unexpected changes in demand/supply; provide timely and thorough
assessment of problems and formulate solutions; propose solutions which present minimal disruption to the business; develop processes
to mitigate reoccurrence;
6. Participate in the preparation of executive level summaries and key assumptions, findings and observations along with actionable
information; interpret ambiguous data; draw conclusions and provide recommendations;
7. Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures, rules and guidelines;
8. Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
Position Accountability / Scope:
This position is accountable for the following:
1. executing strategy as communicated by the department manager; coordinating and assisting in the implementation of processes;
2. contributing to short-term, mid-range and long-term organizational goals;
3. demonstrating continual improvement in forecasting and planning activities;
Works under general direction; independently determines and develops approach to solutions; work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives; identifies and quantifies risks and their consequences relative to the success of a project / task; recommends appropriate action; decisions or recommendations would typically achieve departmental / project / task objectives; drives functional performance that ensure cross-functional standards and expectations are met; works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors; strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides in both formal and informal settings; errors or failure to achieve results may add cost and may impact the goals of the organization.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required;
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
Typically requires 5+ years of relevant work experience to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position.
Candidate / incumbent should possess the following:
– comprehensive knowledge and ability to apply business concepts, procedures and practices to daily tasks;
– ability to clearly, concisely and accurately convey communications;
– ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior;
– ability to work independently and in groups;
– demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills; critical-thinking skills;
– ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software;
– ability to prioritize;
– strong organizational and project management skills;
– ability and aptitude to provide solutions and contingency plans through the comprehensive review of alternatives
JOB FAMILY: Marketing-Planning
DIVISION: APOC Point of Care
LOCATION: United States – New Jersey – Princeton
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 15 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: No
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link – English: http://184.108.40.206/content/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link – Espanol: http://220.127.116.11/content/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.