About Innovation and Strategic Partnerships
Visa's Innovation and Strategic Partnerships organization is responsible for managing Visa's overall innovation agenda and initiatives and the management of strategic partnerships with critical non-financial institutions. The Internet of Things (IoT) group is responsible for defining and building the IoT business for Visa Inc. Globally. The 5 priority verticals the team is focusing on are
The Vertical Lead role will be in for the Connected Car vertical.
The Vertical Lead, Innovation and Strategic Partnerships, is responsible for identifying and implementing partnership opportunities for a large and complex Connected Car Vertical. The Vertical Lead role requires an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify potential deals, develop the tactics and manage the cross functional teams needed to bring them to fruition. The Vertical lead will need to have a working knowledge of the Car OEM market and a strong understanding of the platform providers in the vertical. The Innovation and Strategic Partnerships team works closely with Visa's Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Processing, Cybersource, Risk, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature. In addition, the Vertical Lead will work closely with the One Market Center to bring OEM partners in for collaborative working sessions and assume accountability for the prototypes delivered within the Connected Car vertical. This role will be running the Connected Car vertical for Visa globally.
- Assume business responsibility for the Connected Car Vertical globally for Visa Inc.
- Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for select strategic partnership accounts
- Identify strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of the partner's business including payment strategy across all product platforms for Visa customers
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share from the client
- Consolidate existing relationships and expand Visa's reach within multiple parts of the partner organization and the utilization of Visa's products and services
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of the partnership progress
- Implement short, medium and long-term strategic opportunities/products/services through excellent project management working with internal and client teams
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Lead the development of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and negotiate contractual relationships with strategic partners
- Continuously review client and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that the client's business objectives are met as well as grow the Visa business
- Work within cross-functional teams (internal / external) that include representation from Marketing, Product, Digital, One Market Center (OMC), Operations, Market Research and Technology
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned and be the internal evangelist for the Connected Car Vertical
- Support the IoT group in developing the overall group strategy
- Travel (international as well) will be required- approximately 25%
- A minimum of 12 years' business experience with related sales and management experience in car OEM, software, hardware or transportation services industry
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Multi-national experience
- Ability to proactive deal source, manage client, negotiate and close complex deals
- Payments or related industry experience with product management experience a plus
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Experience “managing up”, building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA is a plus
- Executive presence; Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity . Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.