Information Services Group (ISG) seeks an experienced senior business development / sales executive to support the continuing growth objectives of its ISG Insights™ / Saugatuck Technology business unit. The position is directly responsible for business development and sales of the firm's leading-edge subscription research and strategy consulting services, and related products to IT vendor executives responsible for product marketing, market planning, business strategy / planning and market intelligence.
Reporting to the business unit’s head of business development, the Sr. Director of Business Development will be responsible for developing opportunities, managing internal resources to efficiently develop pipeline, manage sales cycles, work closely with sales management to strategize opportunities, create urgency and efficiently advance the sales cycle to close, manage client expectations and sales relationships, provide guidance and coaching of consultant / research staff to maximize sales effort, manage procurement administrative process with client, and the tracking and monitoring of engagement delivery to ensure client satisfaction.
Desired Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have business-to-business research and / or professional services sales experience, in an outside sales capacity, have familiarity with corporate technology and digital strategy issues, and be comfortable discussing these issues at a senior executive level.
We require key experience, including:
• Substantial experience selling subscription research and management consulting services to IT / business leaders in sell-side enterprises – specifically enterprise software / infrastructure providers (both Cloud and on-premises based) as well as with Services providers. Sales experience and a track record of success at firms such as Gartner, Forrester, Meta Group, IDC, Dataquest is a plus but not required.
• Must have substantial industry contacts and the knowledge / ability to sell to executives such as:
o Sell side executives within mid-to-large size provider-side accounts. This includes decision-maker titles such as Director, VP and “C” level contacts in IT vendors and service provider accounts.
• Knowledge / skills related to “Value Selling” or “Solution Selling” highly valued.
• Location is flexible. Some travel required (less than 30 percent). Relocation not provided.
• Other qualifications include: Excellent verbal skills, confidence and poise in presenting to senior business / IT and provider executives; desire / ability to learn about new products; self-motivated and ability to work independently; team player; mature and established sales professional (10-15+ years); financially stable; sales experience to C-level executives, and marketing LOB management; proven success; highly adaptive.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business / Marketing / Sales or equivalent combination of education / experience. We want candidates who are intellectually curious, and who can get to the business issue and understand the gaps quickly.
Compensation: Competitive salary plus commissions / incentives (Target Income at 100% Quota: $170K – $200K, with opportunity to reach $250K + based on tiered over quota accelerators quickly reaching 20%), retirement plan, paid vacation / holidays, medical and dental benefits.
No phone inquiries. Please send resume with cover letter, and salary requirements. In cover letter, please elaborate with specificity on how your experience can support our requirements.
ISG Insights™ provides subscription research and management consulting services focused on the key market trends and disruptive technologies driving change in business computing (http://insights.isg-one.com). Over the past few years this has included a major focus on Digital Business strategies as well as the key enabling technologies supporting it, including Cloud (in all of its forms), Mobility, Social Computing, Advanced Analytics, and IoT, among other key trends enabling the Boundary-free Enterprise™. The business unit also hosts its global Digital Business Summit executive conference series (http://www.digitalbusiness2016.com).
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.