The Senior Data Scientist will be part of a team responsible to develop the infrastructure, system and statistical analytics to enable proactive and predictive service. The Senior Data Scientist will work with other functions such as software development and systems engineering to develop complex statistical algorithms and machine learning models working with extremely large and complex data structures. The position will provide technical leadership of other data scientists, analysts and programmers in the design, build, evaluation and deployment of models and other analytical projects. The position may also provide analytics support to other parts of the organization including Product Development, Sales and Marketing and/or Finance.
All About You
- Analyze, design, develop, test, troubleshoot and document complex data systems that may involve one or more of the following: data mining, predictive models, machine learning, data-drive decision making and other related concepts.
- Providing technical input to internal teams regarding data discovery, planning and processing.
- Anticipate business needs and work proactively to improve data management processes and collaborate with developers to implement improvements.
- Keep current with outside advancements in data science techniques and inject developments as appropriate.
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience for Master’s candidates or 7 years for Ph.D. candidates
- Minimum 7 years of data science experience in industry for Master’s candidates or 5 years for Ph.D. candidates
- Experience in creating and applying advanced statistical methods and machine learning algorithms such as: data mining, regression, clustering, simulation, scenario analysis, neural networks and decision trees.
- Experience creating simple, concise visualizations of data and presenting to stakeholders through visualization software such as Tableau, PowerBI, Periscope, or other similar software
- Minimum of 7 years of programming experience (C, C++, Java, Python, R)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with statistical or computational mathematics tools (SAS, R, Jmp, Matlab).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) including the ability to communicate complex technical/statistical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience leading or collaborating with a team of data scientists in developing and delivering machine learning models that work in a production setting
- Experience working with large data sets and tools like MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Experience with web services such as AWS, Redshift, S3, and/or Spark connecting to data using API’s.
- Experience connecting and analyzing data from multiple business applications(SAP, SFDC, IBM Cognos)
- Systems engineer or reliability engineering experience.
- Ability to work in a global collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a relevant technical discipline (Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or a similar field)
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.