Synack is redefining the traditional model of security assessment by leveraging the best combination of human ingenuity and smart technology. We are passionate about developing cutting-edge products and take pride in building a world-class team made up people who think big and are not afraid to take on big challenges. Re-Imagine your possibilities at a company that CNBC named to their elite Top Disruptor list in 2015 ( http://www.cnbc.com/2015/05/12/cnbc-disruptor-50.html ) and again in 2016 ( http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/07/2016-cnbcs-disruptor-50.html ). (#Repeat)…and, we’re just getting started.
Do you thrive on learning new technologies and working with large data sets? As a Sr. Data Engineer at Synack, you will build software that serves as the backbone for Synack’s data and intelligence platform. We are looking for engineers who get a kick out of solving complex data problems at scale and at the same time, want to make an immediate impact across the organization. Sound like you? Keep reading!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Design, develop and maintain the various components of the data platform
- Ensure data integrity in all phases of the system. As data is processed by the multiple stages you take pride in ensuring data is clean and adheres to the defined type system.
- Build and maintain data pipelines and transformations using Java/Groovy/Python that includes error handling, alerting, back pressures, throttling, optimizations, etc.
- Communicate with stakeholders to make sure requirements are met. This includes ensuring that the data ingested from or published to other systems is accurate, providing analytic services in addition to processing data; and supporting data science engineers in designing forward looking algorithms
- Understand the data science methodology and POCs and transform them into an application in production that is well designed, easy to use, performant, and scalable
- Mentor new engineers and love being around your team – we want you to learn from one another!
Here's what you'll need:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years prior experience building a large-scale data pipelining platform that is used as the backend for providing analytics
- Strong understanding of Hadoop ecosystem such as HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Pig, Hadoop streaming, Sqoop, Spark/Shark and Hive, preferably within the AWS environment.
- Strong hands-on experience programming in Java, Groovy, Python and SQL
- Experience building streaming analytics systems is a plus
Synack saw a need. Cyber criminals try to penetrate enterprise IT environments every day, armed with individual expertise and sophisticated tradecraft. Until now, no solution could protect the enterprise against this self-learning, evolutionary human threat. Synack built a solution that can.
Founded by former NSA security experts, Synack is disrupting a vastly growing $120B industry, one that is now at the forefront of every executive’s mind. Synack doesn’t brag about our customer list, and we don’t need to. Our success in building the next generation of enterprise grade cybersecurity is as equally rewarding as it is hard, and we make a point to celebrate our wins as a team.
On the heels of Synack raising over $34 Million in capital from top-tier Venture Capital firms including Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures and Greylock Partners, Synack is growing rapidly. We are seeking passionate and innovative people interested in being a part of a revolutionary team that’s transforming vulnerability discovery standards for businesses around the world.
It’s all hands on deck, it’s hard work, it’s winning, it’s Synack. Join us!
- Eatable Perks. Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered meals that won’t disappoint your inner foodie.
- Social Perks. Team retreats anywhere from AT&T ballpark to Tahoe and weekly social events like sushi/sake extravaganzas, spicy chicken wings with beer pairings and crepe crawls.
- Best Friend Perks. Besides working with a great team of humans, we bring our dogs to work so it’s not uncommon for a cute pup to greet you at the door.
- Superhero Perks. Learn and grow with some of the brightest hackers that are using their skills for good…not evil.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.