Responsible for source system data analysis from EDS/FDM etc, variable gap analysis, data extraction design and coding, and data modeling. As a member of the Enterprise Risk team the Data Analyst will collaborate across business lines to collect, organize and analyze data from several source systems within the Bank. This is the highest level with the Data Analytics job family and is reserved for the Enterprise Risk Group for enterprise-wide duties and responsibilities.
1. Identifies data analytics opportunities, designs, and executes test, data extraction, and analysis utilizing the department's various computer software packages within established deadlines. Analyze source data/file structures, Metadata, profile source data.
2. Develop data mapping and transformation rules and detailed designs based on system and business requirements. Creates, prepares, and documents detailed specifications of the programs utilized to pull data. Includes: creation and use of documents to facilitate the request and data integrity of the data that is provided to the internal customer.
3. Analyzes and recommends business, technology, and process improvement opportunities. Utilize automation tools to schedule, execute and monitor jobs. Performance tune the applications to meet operational production requirements
4. Knowledge of applications within the bank to interpret data requests and identify data analytics opportunities. Design and code functions of the application in accordance with the standards and architectural guidelines.
5. Maintain the quality control and auditing of Risk Datamart to ensure the accuracy and quality of data. Protect and insure the stability of the operational systems as well as maintain the integrity of the data they contain. Assist in determining the impact of operational systems and provide input into their resolution via data extraction and quantification.
6. Data modeling, profiling, mining and analysis. Developing reports and framework per requirements. Coordinate and prioritize all escalated activities, including testing, project management and enhancements and bug fixes.
7. Maintain cross-business responsibilities by providing end-user support to multiple organizations within the company when issues arise.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field
- Master’s/Advanced Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field
- Required license(s) or certification(s) ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA)
- 6 to 8 years of directly related experience
Field of Experience
- Strong experience working on any ETL tool (Informatica, Datastage, SAS DI Studio, etc)
- Excellent organizational and documentation ability to create and maintain detailed documentation for data warehouse and procedures
- Strong knowledge of relational database design and support, including the support of large UNIX/Oracle based enterprise software systems
- Expert knowledge of SQL structured query language
- Business systems analytical experience required
- Strong problem solving; analytical; project management and communication skills
- Banking industry experience is preferred
- Ability to prioritize and resolve multiple complex and critical issues
- Strong experience with Oracle on UNIX using command line and GUI SQL tools
- Strong experience of working with UNIX shell/perl scripts
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law.
Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.