The Sr. Analyst, Data Analytics will support global internal audit teams providing meaningful data intelligence and successfully employing the use of data analytics in audit activities. These activities cover all functions within Hilton Worldwide globally. The Data Analytics Senior Analyst will perform data analytic activities in support of multiple audit and forensics teams, as well as, building and maintaining the departments continuous auditing and monitoring efforts.
What will I be doing?
Part data scientist, part expert communicator, the Data Analytics Senior Analyst position will work with the Internal Audit department on a project by project basis to automate testing and perform analysis on large datasets through the use of data mining software and other data analysis tools. Individual project assignments will be performed under the direction of the Internal Audit Data Analytics Manager. The ideal candidate will help drive the success of this growing team through innovation, critical thinking, curiosity, and advanced analytics. This unique opportunity fits someone who enjoys working in a dynamic environment and has a passion for building analytical solutions from the ground up.
- Collaborate with IT and business unit application users to understand data structures, availability, and accessibility
- Extract, transform, and prepare large structured and unstructured data sets for analysis
- Reconcile and evaluate data sets for completeness, quality and accuracy
- Create complex risk based reporting and dashboards to assist the Internal Audit team in evaluating controls, business objectives, and identifying areas of significant risk
- Automate processes to increase efficiencies in the audit process
- Integrate various data sources to detect trends and anomalies across Hilton Worldwide
- Design rich data visualizations to communicate complex information and ideas and findings to non-technical key stakeholders
- Ability to articulate and interpret results in a compelling manner
- Ensure all continuous monitoring / auditing is properly performed using the appropriate data analysis tools and adequately documented
- Help build and maintain effective working relationships with business and IT teams across the organization
- Exercise absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Information Systems, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related area
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in a professional services firm or large global corporate organization
- Significant experience with data gathering and retrieval methods
- Significant experience in programming languages and databases: SQL Server, Python, ACL, IDEA, VBA, Advanced Excel, Access
- Experience with statistical tools: SAS or R
- Significant experience in data visualization platforms such as Tableau
- Proven experience creating and maintaining continuous monitoring and auditing solutions and reporting dashboards
- Detail oriented with a problem solving mindset
- Analytical ability to delve into detail while maintaining a broader business perspective on issues
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and use critical thinking skills to problem solve and get results
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- High energy self-starter capable of managing a diverse workload within strict timelines
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS/Master’s Degree
- Certifications in SAS, ACL, Tableau, CISA, CISSP, CPA, CFA
- Experience working as a data analytics project lead for a professional services firm, or a publicly traded company
- A minimum of three (3) years of data analysis experience as it relates to supporting business processes, internal auditing or external audit procedures
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience creating visual data analytic materials for presentations to senior stakeholders
- Experience with descriptive and diagnostic analytics, using various mathematical, statistical, rules based, and behavioral, temporal, predictive, trending, and profiling techniques
- Experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience in a risk management environment
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its
. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.