Freedom Mortgage Corporation , a full-service direct lender founded in 1990, has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic professional to join one of the nation’s leading mortgage companies. Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, mortgage lender and servicer, licensed in all 50 states, with 8 operation centers nationwide.
Freedom Mortgage is a member of the Mortgage Bankers Association, the National Association of Mortgage Brokers, and is the #1 largest issuer of FHA/VA GNMA securities nationwide. Currently, we have over 5,200 employees, we are funding over 6 billion dollars in loans a month and we have a servicing portfolio of over 100 billion dollars.
Freedom is characterized by an energetic, creative staff, and cutting edge technology. Our IT and processing systems allow us to approve and process mortgages quickly without jeopardizing quality. We have cultivated a fun team environment where there is opportunity to learn and develop within both the company and your career. With hard work, you'll reap benefits both professionally and personally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The SQL Developer within the Corporate Analytics team reports directly to the AVP of Data Management and is responsible for the design, development, testing and promotion of database objects to support Corporate Analytics initiatives.
The SQL Developer will be responsible for creating new database objects, maintaining existing objects and ensuring that the appropriate level of documentation exists to support objects in the production environment.
The SQL Developer will be responsible for identifying, documenting and consuming new data sources within the Corporate Analytics data environment. This includes documenting application source system databases, data requirements, development of database objects and partnering with IT to promote objects and ETL processes to the production environment.
Job Essential Duties
- Develops SQL stored procedures, functions, views, tables and other database objects as defined by business partner requirements and Corporate Analytics management to support overall corporate objectives
- Develops and improves procedures, departmental standards, and best practices as it relates to data environment
- Fulfill ad-hoc data requests as needed
- Create and maintain documentation related to applications, data sources, and ETL movement within Corporate Analytics data environment
- Reviews and identifies opportunities to optimize SQL queries for peak performance
- Enforce, follow and improve Application Change Management procedures
- Design, develop, manage, and support all existing job processes to ensure service levels are met
- Perform regular monitoring, analysis and tuning of databases to achieve optimum performance
Desired Skills and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of the mortgage industry
- Development of use cases, test scripts and documentation to support database development
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and build collaborative relationships
- Experience operating in a complex and changing environment
- Proven analytical skills in the realm of modeling, data mining, data manipulation and visualization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in successively progressive positions in database development, including Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle PL/SQL
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience related to database modeling, design, and complex report development
- Experience in data integration using ETL tools such as SSIS, IBM DataStage or Informatica
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Business Intelligence and related query tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Experience with SAS software products and solutions a plus
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex data
- Solid time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks at the same time
*We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and (401k)!*
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.