At Rambus, we are turning incredible possibilities into everyday reality by helping to deliver the innovations that greatly impact the world we live in. We create leading-edge semiconductor and IP products, spanning memory and interfaces to security to smart sensors and lighting. Our products are integrated into tens of billions of devices and systems around the globe, running critical applications for Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, consumer and media platforms.
And our history runs deep – we have been a staple in Silicon Valley for the past 25 years and are continually anticipating key technology trends and are developing innovations that drive market changes. From a pure IP provider to becoming a fabless chipmaker, Rambus is evolving to address critical challenges in the semiconductor industry.
As a dynamic organization, we are always seeking to hire exceptional talent to join some of the brightest inventors and engineers in the world to explore their passions to develop products that have real life impact. As well, Rambus benefits are among the most comprehensive and competitive in Silicon Valley.
The Rambus Cryptography Research Division is a leading provider of innovative R&D driven technologies, products, and services that today secure nearly nine billion products made annually with tamper resistant technologies. Cryptography Research technologies and products are deployed in many high-volume consumer products with a solid 10+ year record of securing transactions, protecting digital content, and preventing counterfeiting. Cryptography Research is an essential supplier of hardware-and-software-enabled security solutions to multiple industries including semiconductor, pay TV, gaming, printing, government, payments, and entertainment, among others.
Rambus Inc. is hiring outstanding Performance Test Engineer with expertise in performance testing to join our world class technology team in our San Francisco office. You will work closely with software, SQA and security engineers to develop, implement, and execute performance test plans and load generator tools and performance test cases for software products related to security systems. Candidate must be familiar with standard software development and quality processes, methodologies, and tools and must have a track record of very high technical competence that includes strong coding and/or scripting skills and individual technical accomplishments. Cryptography and security experience is not required but an ability and interest in learning is essential.
- Design detailed performance test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures of software and production data in a secure environment
- Maintain documentation of performance test plans
- Plan and execute various metrics needed to assert performance of system.
- Actively involved in performance automation framework including core libraries development using Python
- Load generation : create tools to generate loads with precise mix of operations
- Graph generation: visualize the performance tests results and generate test reports for each workload
- Compare performance results across build to provide early warning of degraded performance
- System performance tests: measure how performance is impacted as the system scales. For example measure the effects of performance as the number of connections to the server grows , or when number of nodes in the cluster increases
- System monitoring: track the utilization of system resources such as cpu, disk, memory across time on multiple virtual machines or physical machines.
- Engages effectively with software developers to understand technical concepts. Comfortable providing product requirements input to make applications and the UI more testable and more robust
- Work and Function well in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Provide guidance to Peer Engineers on “How to build for performance”
- Passion for product performance and quality
- Highly responsible , self-directed , motivational , creative and quick learner
- 10+ years hands-on experience in performance testing, data collection, analysis and workload characterization, bottleneck identification and capacity planning
- 10+ years of experience in in-depth analysis of performance issues to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvements at the web service, database, operation system, storage and network layers
- 5+ years’ experience with distributed 24/7 enterprise systems supporting high volume
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and not afraid of standing in front of 30+ of your peers to discuss and defend your findings
- BS/MS in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or related degree preferred; but substantial, relevant, outstanding work experience may substitute in some cases
- At least 5 years of experience in Software Quality assurance having experience in applying testing methodologies, executing and automating test suites.
- Strong Python programming skills
- Familiar with Virtual environment and hardware for testing application.
- Experience with Graphana and Influxdb – A huge plus
- Zeal for Continuous innovation and improvement in the test framework
- Ability to work well with others in an effective collaborative team environment
Rambus offers an extremely competitive compensation package, which includes a strong base salary, bonus, equity, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, comprehensive medical and dental benefits, time-off program and gym membership.
Rambus creates cutting-edge semiconductor and IP products, spanning memory and interfaces to security, smart sensors and lighting. Our chips, customizable IP cores, architecture licenses, tools, services, training and innovations improve the competitive advantage of our customers. We collaborate with the industry, partnering with leading ASIC and SoC designers, foundries, IP developers, EDA companies and validation labs. Our products are integrated into tens of billions of devices and systems, powering and securing diverse applications, including Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, consumer and media platforms. At Rambus, we are makers of better. For more information about Rambus, visit rambus.com. For additional information on life at Rambus and our current openings, check out rambus.com/careers/ .
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.