You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees
thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the
Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
We’re looking for a Solutions Specialist with Hadoop Database Administration and Development experience to join the Brightlight Business Analytics Division with Sirius Computer Solutions. This is a full-time benefited role. This role can require overnight travel
an average of 50-75%.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide software development, application administration, or database administration solutions and support to our clients. This position may also participate in activities such as installing, deploying, configuring,
programming, testing, and documentation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides software development, application administration, or database administration solutions to clients
• Develops technical and conceptual specifications in support of the overall solution
• Develops data related files
• Develops data conversion applications
• Develops interfaces to other application systems
• Tests applications, application server environments, or databases for data integrity, performance, and usability
• Documents completed technical work for clients
• Maintains technical specifications throughout a project
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least five (5) years’ Information Technology experience, including at least 2+ years hands-on experience with Hadoop (Cloudera and/or Hortonworks) database administration and development
Other Position Requirements:
• Demonstrated ability to write advanced SQL queries
• Demonstrated foundational understanding of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and ETL strategies
• Demonstrated SDLC knowledge
• Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
• Experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary
• Experience creating technical documentation
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• IBM Netezza (PureData) database administration and/or development experience
• Consulting experience
The position exists to provide consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free
workplace; and participates in E-Verify. Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug
test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.
No C2C or 1099 candidates, please.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.