The Customer Digital Retail Marketing Solution Consultant is an expert in enabling retailers in creating marketing strategies that use technology to create a digital experience for their customers. This person will work directly with mid-size resellers as well as resellers in the retail market to help pull together marketing solutions using the technology that Tech Data offers in IoT to provide holistic digital solutions. This role will also help new or existing resellers on the emerging marketing strategies and technologies in the retail market. Serves as an advisor to resellers on how to enter the market, gain certifications, understand which vendors play in the retail area and ensure the customers and resellers are getting the training needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts market research, profiles customers/vendors, makes presentations and participates in sales opportunities and marketing events to establish customers and determine market segment revenue potential.
- Responsible for marketing program development, enablement, implementation and education.
- Owns strategic communication plans to customers, resellers, vendors and internal sales teams
- Develops strategic business plans and presents quarterly business reviews to management and vendors.
- Researches market conditions to determine potential sales of assigned technology products.
- Responsible for partner recruitment
- Knowledgeable in and advises customers on the certifications needed and how to get the certifications for various products.
- Calls on potential customers and vendors, develops and coordinates enablement presentations.
- Assumes an advising role and leverages advanced technological expertise to achieve specific resellers in the assigned market.
- Negotiates reviews and analyzes all new vendor contracts from inception to final completion, maximizing profitability and ensuring contract compliance as required.
- Evaluates competitive information, offerings and customer perspectives.
- Participates, develops and/or supports Tech Data advanced technologies market activities, trade shows & events as assigned.
- Develops and implements marketing and sales strategy to increase market share and profitability
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions:
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
- Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications (which may include spreadsheets, word processors, databases, etc.) at a basic level.
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Able to prepare/analyze appropriate reports and other business correspondence.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
Required Educational: High School/G.E.D.
Preferred Educational: Bachelor Degree
Previous Experience (Years & Type):
Marketing experience with retailers and retail environments is mandatory, and a solid understanding of digitization transformation that customers will need to make is preferred. Relationships with retailers is also preferred.
Working Conditions: Professional, office environment.Some travel may be required
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.