At Databricks, we make Big Data simple. The state-of-the-art in Big Data is “simple things complex, complex things impossible.” We think the future should be “simple things easy, and complex things possible.” Join us and work with world's leading experts in distributed systems, databases, and networking to help build a next-generation Big Data platform that users love.
The field engineering team at Databricks is in charge of leading the adoption of Apache Spark and Databricks Cloud. Our team engages with the developer community to train and evangelize Spark, meets with customers to suggest solutions that they can build with the technology, and sees customers through implementing and troubleshooting production systems. Every member of our team is expected to become an Apache Spark expert and to be excellent at interacting with Spark users. We are looking for a Solutions Architect who will focus on Federal Accounts. Focus of position will be centered around supporting DoD, DoE, Intelligence community, and Civilian agencies (role does not include State and Local Government). An ideal candidate for this role will be well versed in leveraging multiple routes to market to gain adoption at a wide range of Federal agencies and organizations. Ability to recruit and manage key channel and strategic partners will be a critical factor for success in this role.
At Databricks we work on some of the most complex distributed processing systems and our customers challenge us with interesting new big-data processing requirements. As the complexity grows for both us and our customers, we are looking to our solution engineers to fully understand the architecture that powers our product and how it can be implemented. You will not only work with technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop and Kafka but they also recommend product features and contribute to open source community. This is a pre-sales and post-sales position where you will work with customers to identify use cases for Databricks, and see them through using the product. Our customers are highly technical, so you must be, too.
Databricks’ vision is to empower anyone to easily build and deploy advanced analytics solutions. The company was founded by the team who created Apache® Spark™, a powerful open source data processing engine built for sophisticated analytics, ease of use, and speed. Databricks is the largest contributor to the open source Apache Spark project providing 10x more code than any other company. The company has also trained over 20,000 users on Apache Spark, and has the largest number of customers deploying Spark to date. Databricks provides a just-in-time data platform, to simplify data integration, real-time experimentation, and robust deployment of production applications. Databricks is venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and NEA. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide technical leadership in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity for customers to support successful understanding, evaluation and adoption of Databricks
- Consult on architecture and design, bootstrap, and/or implement strategic customer projects
- Build references architectures, how-tos, and demo applications for customers
- Provide escalated level of support for critical customer operational issues
- Architect, implement, and/or validate integrations with 3rd party applications
- Evangelize Spark and Databricks across developer community through meetups and conferences
- Become an Apache Spark expert
- Security Requirements: U.S. citizenship and an active Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) eligibility and access. This position requires the applicant selected to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) eligibility and access. A US Government administered polygraph examination will be required. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.
- 7+ years of successful experience with Federal accounts
- 4-year degree required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and whiteboarding skills
- 3-5 years in customer-facing architecture or consulting role
- Ability to design and architect distributed data systems
- Comfortable writing code in either Python, Scala or Java
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm
- [Desired] Experience working with open source and/or AWS/cloud
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity and paternity plans
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.