Going to Where the Market is Headed
The world we live in is becoming more and more compute centric, software defined, storage dependent, application driven and hyper networked. The mobile networks are estimated to continue to grow at 53% connecting over 50B devices by 2020 with the ramping of IoT, with over 70% of the traffic consisting of video traffic. Our industry is at a crossroads, as the commercial need to accommodate this volume of traffic has dictated the need for open software defined, programmable and virtualized architectures to drive down cost by ~50% and dramatically increase service agility. As a result, traditional services (workloads) implemented by service providers for their business are moving toward the IT workloads executing in hyper-scale data center models. Trends such as Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), edge computing, and data-driven automation, instrumentation, and service assurance represent a fundamental change in the way service providers architect, design, build, implement, and operate their networks. A subsequent buying shift is developing as private clouds once managed by enterprises are now being managed in public and private clouds by service providers (AWS, AT&T, Microsoft, Verizon, Google, etc) In fact, in 2015, over 50% of all server sold were sold to SP(s) for the first time vs. Enterprises. The Solution Architect is a rare breed – capable of speaking at the most senior executive levels within service providers yet also technical enough to build systems in the lab.
Joining the Leader in the Industry
Dell has been at the forefront of driving open standards, modular technologies and the scaled supply chain to change the economics of the personal computer, the data center and soon to be the next generation service provider infrastructure in a hybrid cloud environment. The market is moving towards Dell’s strengths with service providers around the world looking for the technology building blocks, scale, commercial strength to transform their networks. Dell has a leading portfolio of compute centric, software defined, storage dependent, open networking capable products to lead this transformation.
Being a Leader in Transformation at a Historic Time
Dell is committed to leading this next wave of network transformation and has demonstrated this commitment with its recent acquisition of EMC /VMware for $68B, making it the largest technology company in the industry, with the all of the network elements to win. In addition, Dell is continuing to invest, creating a Service Provider Solutions organization to lead the shift to service provider driven solutions. This organization will leverage the largest portfolio of compute, storage, networking, systems software and global services capability in the industry.
Responsibilities will include
- Development of long term technology vision and roadmap
- Creating the solution sets for the global service provider segments (technology and commercial value proposition)
Rationalization of best product offerings across the Dell/EMC portfolio to meet customer needs
Establishing the right technology partnerships in the industry
Ensure economics match value proposition and Dell business profile
Creation of case studies demonstrating delivery of business value
- Defining the SP value proposition
- Industry Leadership & Evangelism
Participate in open compute, standards and industry forums
Speak at industry events, champion key partnerships
- Customer Engagement
Significant customer collaboration on solution development
Executive relationship development in the service provider segment
- Sales Enablement
- Sales training, customer meeting support, go to market materials
Critical Skill Sets
- 10+ years experience with service provider networking technologies
- Deep relationships with customers in the service provider domain & ecosystem partners.
- Experience working at a network equipment provider, network software solutions company, service provider or systems integrator.
- Technical knowledge in open networking, SDN and NFV technologies, traditional telecom architectures (fixed and mobile), and data center networking (Leaf-spine architectures, Clos, non-blocking, buffer sizing, etc.).
- Practical experience and knowledge in OpenStack, automation tools, programming/scripting languages (Python, Go, Java, Perl), full-stack analytics (Spark, Storm, Hadoop, Zookeeper, YARN, HBase, Impala, Kafka and other messaging bus technologies, etc.), databases (Hadoop, Postgres, Cassandra, Redis, Riak, Redshift, Hive, etc.)
- Systems engineering, solution development, product management, technical marketing and/or network planning domain experience
- Experience introducing new networking technology, software solutions
- Defining market requirements, commercial targets, solution definitions
- Ability to work across and lead cross functional teams
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Healthy balance of IQ vs. EQ
- Self starter, driven, with a will to win
- Individual contributor position
with senior leadership team interfaces & influence
- Upward mobility
thru a development and career path of the largest technology company in the service provider space. Clear path to executive leadership team and technology fellowship. (depending on career aspirations and performance)
- High visibility
program in the top (3) initiatives of Dell
- Focus on a
large ($25B+) growing market (15%+)
- Significant industry influence and impact
- Ability to leverage
of compute, storage, networking in the industry
- Ability to be involved with the
largest technology M&A integration
(EMC/VMware) in history
- Competitive compensation, benefits
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
IT Solutions Arch-IT
North America-US-TX-Round Rock
Commercial Sales a
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.