Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, in addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community and make a positive impact on your peers. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your development. Finally, our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit http://www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world’s leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities – people, process and technology and industry expertise – the capabilities needed to help our clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Deloitte Consulting's Analytics + Information Management (AIM) Service Line designs, develops, and implements strategies, systems and processes to capture, integrate and distribute information in an enterprise to realize the value of information and data assets. Our specific capabilities within the AIM area include Business Intelligence/ Data Warehousing, Performance Management Technologies, Enterprise Data Management and Advanced Analytics Enablement.
U.S. Delivery Center – Deloitte Consulting, LLC
If you're interested in working on mission-critical solutions, then joining Deloitte Consulting as a Solution Engineer could be your most rewarding move. The role provides you the opportunity to sharpen your technical, analytical and business skills while working as a part of a team committed to delivering excellent service for clients around the globe. You will learn new skills that are in demand by our clients, gain expertise in Deloitte’s methodologies and contribute to increasingly complex duties. All while staying in one consistent location with very limited travel requirements.
We strive to be recognized as the leading professional services firm by demanding and delivering excellence, and by providing interesting, challenging work and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our US Delivery Center provides complete operational services for application management, custom development, and business process support for clients. Our teams develop post implementation go-live support environments, construct the transition plan from the project team to the support team, and support and maintain the client application and technology infrastructure.
In conjunction with our other delivery centers around the world, we offer development and sustainment services for our clients, both pre and post-implementation. Our continued growth has created the need for application development and management professionals to provide services in support of our clients systems and business processes. Successful candidates will demonstrate both their ability to work independently and experience making decisions to complete assigned responsibilities from center. We are seeking exceptional candidates who have commitment to joining a world-class client delivery organization that is a part of the world’s premier consulting firm.
Day-to-Day responsibilities include:
• Supporting and independently completing project tasks
• Identifying key drivers of a defined, straightforward problem and proposing solutions
• Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and decision making
• Selects the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements
• Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application on a particular engagement; contributes to continuous development of methods and tools
• Manages work plans for components on engagements
• May independently own a work stream, reviewing, and potentially directing the work of more junior staff
• Develops solutions to client problems through application of methods and tools; validates solutions to subject matter experts
• Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals
Deloitte is seeking a Big Data Architect and Developer to support critical ongoing projects with experience specializing in developing high performance data applications using the following technologies:
- Hadoop (Cloudera distribution)
- Apache Accumulo
- SQL and NoSQL data stores
- UNIX, Java
- Apache Spark
- Ability to deploy and maintain multi-node Hadoop cluster
- Experience working with big data ecosystems including tools such as MapReduce, Yarn, Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark, Kafka, and Storm
- Knowledgeable in techniques for designing Hadoop-based file layout optimized to meet business needs
- Understands the tradeoffs between different approaches to Hadoop file design
- Experience with techniques of performance optimization for both data loading and data retrieval
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase, Apache Cassandra, Vertica, or MongoDB
- Able to translate business requirements into logical and physical file structure design
- Ability to build and test MapReduce code in a rapid, iterative manner
- Ability to articulate reasons behind the design choices being made
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS, or equivalent experience
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.