BNSF Railway Company is headquartered in Ft. Worth Texas and operates one of the largest rail networks in the U.S. with 35,000 miles of rail lines operating through the 28 most western states for over 150 years. The dedication and commitment of our over 40,000 employees have made us one of the largest transportation businesses in the United States with more than $15 billion in annual revenues. BNSF is a Fortune 200 company with our best still ahead of us.
BNSF is a dynamic company that moves the products and goods that move your world. For more information about our company, our culture and our opportunities, visit us online at www.BNSF.com
This posting closes on 9/25/2016 at midnight.
Job Location: Fort Worth
Anticipated Start Date: 10/16/2016
Number of Positions: 1.0
Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect to lead our Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) platform development. Successful candidates will:
- Engage with business and technology leaders to understand business operations, processes, and team members as a foundation for designing robust technology solutions.
- Leverage systems thinking, iterative design, and emerging architecture to ensure technical solutions are continuously positioned to maximize business value.
- Work collaboratively with globally distributed software development team and third party vendors with the goal of maximizing throughput, product quality, and business value.
- Develop requirements and design for technical enablers of business capabilities
- Define DevOps strategy and oversee development and improvement of continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline.
- Drive short and long term architecture strategy for Mechanical – Condition Based Maintenance Systems.
- Lead and participate in both technical and non-technical discussions with the business customer and the development team.
- Lead and participate in work estimation and release planning/scoping.
- Perform design and code reviews for other members of the Development team.
- Make technical design recommendations and improvements.
- Recommend and mentor other developers in application design utilizing the appropriate design patterns.
- Determine flaws in existing applications/designs and propose alternatives. Must be able to quickly identify the source of issues and resolve them in the proper way.
- Have a solid understanding of development platforms, tools and concepts including messaging, complex event processing, service oriented architecture, micro-services, and structured and non-structured database management systems.
- Absorb new ideas and technologies quickly and apply these technologies to a problem or domain balancing time to market and long-term extensibility considerations.
- Participate in special initiatives such as technology evaluation, prototyping, security and internal audits.
- Effectively multitask between different projects.
- Coordinate customer acceptance testing and ensure customer satisfaction through timely resolution of issues, regular status reports, and continuous communication.
- Understand and adhere to the Technology Services infrastructure and inter-relationships.
- At least 10 years of practical experience in end to end system development
- At least 3 years of practical experience in developing business solutions that leverage Rules Engines, Complex Event Processing, and Enterprise Service Bus capabilities
- At least 3 years of experience leading onshore/offshore development teams through the application development lifecycle.
- Ability to interface and work with varied positions and levels of technical knowledge both within the department and with other departments inside and outside the company.
- Designing and developing high performance, high availability, efficient and scalable systems/applications.
- Experience working with development teams using an Agile development methodology.
- Analysis and design experience using OO concepts and design patterns.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and/or five or more years of equivalent on the job technical experience.
- Experienced in the design and development of Web Services.
- Experience with event-driven architecture and development.
- Experience with open source streaming technology platforms
- 5 or more years of railroad/transportation related experience.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
All applicants will be notified by email regarding orientation, testing and interviews for this position. Please be sure to check your email on a daily basis.
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/for-industrytwic .
SF: MO | IT/Technology Services | Technology Services | Fort Worth, TX | 76131
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.