MCPc is a technology logistics company that helps clients empower their employees to work from anywhere and on any device through innovative end point computing architectures.
The company’s heritage as a top 100 solution integrator and unique anyplace workspace ideology has positioned it to become a thought leader in the rapidly expanding next generation Internet of Things (IoT) marketplace.
As customers continue to expand their use of connected devices, MCPc will also continue to deploy and develop enhanced services around managing the intelligent device lifecycle in a proactive and efficient fashion. Headquarted in Cleveland and with branch locations across the Midwest, MCPc provides custom solutions for the three biggest issues facing customers today: Logistics, the Secured Client and Workspace Transformation. These three offerings make up the core of the Anyplace Workspace ®, our answer to the Internet of Things and PC-as-a-Service.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, focused on recruiting and retaining top talent at every level. We employ premier associates in the industry who deliver value and support to our growing customer base. In order to ensure MCPc is holding itself to the highest level of security, as a trusted and premier endpoint solutions provider, all new employees must undergo our standard background check and drug screen test for pre-employment purposes.
As a NorthCoast 99 winner for 8 consecutive years, MCPc is consistently recognized as one of Northeast Ohio’s best places to work. MCPc offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes optional Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, 401k, Voluntary Life Insurance (for you and your family), Group Accident and Critical Illness Insurances as well as company-paid Life and Long Term Disability Insurances. We also offer Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, a Wellness Program and other perks to take advantage of through our strategic partnerships!
The software setup technician is responsible for simulator set up and troubleshooting in the simulation lab. This includes hardware and software configuration in the simulator.
- Simulator Set up
- Review/understand weekly simulator test schedule
- Set up simulators for validation/regression test
- This includes:
- Hardware configuration
- Loading software and configuring the simulator
- Simulator model clean up and launch
- Loading/Configuring Air Brakes and 3 rd party devices as required
- Perform a check out test to ensure set up is correct
- Front line Troubleshooting
- Provide “first response” troubleshooting when users encounter issues
- Escalate issues to sim team management as required
- Identifying and segregating defective hardware
- Maintain configuration control over simulators and other assets (i.e. Air Brakes)
- Develop instructions on special/unique set ups
- Develop troubleshooting guides to enable users to resolve problems on their own
- Resolve Clearquest defects as assigned
- The sim lab is open 24X7. The primary hours of this position are 7 AM to 4 PM, but it may be necessary at times to support evenings and weekends. These situations will be planned ahead of time as much as possible.
- The technician engineer shall be available by phone and remote access for after hours support as required.
- Electrical technical skills/understanding
- Ability to read/understand schematics
- Off hours availability to support critical tasks
- Simulator Technical Training
- Set up schedule and priorities
- Control software and tools to load and configure
Required Skills and Certifications
- BS or Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering
- Electrical troubleshooting skills
- Basic circuit design/ability to read schematics
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Customer service/support experience
Desired Skills and Certifications
- Linux/UNIX shell programming
- System Integration
- Experience in test environment
- Experience in manufacturing test
- Hands on experience with wiring harnessing and soldering
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.