Acuity Brands is the North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of innovative lighting systems. Our LED lights are computing, sensing, network connected platforms, and everywhere there are people, there are lights. We are perfectly positioned to enable the world of IoT, and we have plenty of awesome projects to work on! We are driving the industry's transformation to smart lighting; redefining how people live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're seeking talented and enthusiastic Software Quality Assurance Engineers who are interested in delivering new and innovative web and mobile applications. This person will facilitate the ability of Software Engineering teams to deliver quality applications through the construction and execution of test plans and cases, the detection and resolution of application issues and bugs, and the assessment of application quality and readiness for deployment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with software engineers, designers, and project managers to develop software application test plans, and strategies
- Work with business partners to comprehend business user functional processes.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, completeness, and mitigation of risks.
- Execute test plans for functional areas of software applications.
- Work with software engineers to troubleshoot issues that arise when testing applications
- Document software defects, and report defects to software engineers and project managers.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Certify the quality level of new and existing applications from a functional and regression testing perspective.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- The chance to work on meaningful projects aspiring to improving people's lives
- Great equipment including 4k monitors MacBooks or Surface Books / Surface Pros
- 4-Day work week (4-10, also 5-8 available, if preferred — we are flexible)
- Casual dress code (we are talking shorts!)
- Creative and collaborative environment
- Company paid sports leagues and wellness program
- On-site game room (ping-pong and Xbox)
- Free coffee and tea
- Commuter shuttle bus (limited areas)
And now the ordinary benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401K, HSA Accounts, Stock Purchase Plans
- and more!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Experience in testing web applications
- Experience in testing native or hybrid mobile applications
- Familiarity with software development life cycle and best practices
NICE TO HAVE
- SQL Server and/or other database experience
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- You are passionate and optimistic.
- You are Innovative. You challenge assumptions.
- You encourage those around you to create their best work.
- You work for the best interest of the group at all times.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are proactive.
- You graciously give and receive feedback
- You buy into the scrum methodology, and demand a project oriented, collaborative, and very positive environment.
WHY IS ACUITY BRANDS A GREAT PLACE FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT?
- Our software team is a strategic part of the direction of our company
- Our company is a very profitable market leader and provides financial stability
- You will work with highly talented, fun and supportive teams
- We believe in a healthy work/life balance
- We produce quality software that you can be proud of
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.