Our mission at Karat
Hiring top talent is a critical activity for all companies, yet the way organizations interview candidates is broken. Interviewing is a time consuming process that is rarely data-driven. Here at Karat, we see a massive opportunity to transform the interviewing experience for every candidate and company.
Karat is on a mission to assess the world's talent. We are the first dedicated marketplace for technical interviewers. Karat's network of seasoned engineers conduct the first rounds of technical interviews for elite engineering companies. Our robust platform saves teams thousands of valuable hours while allowing them to focus on the top performing candidates. Karat's unique approach recognizes that people are central to the hiring process and that they can be supercharged by leveraging machine learning and our rich database of the world's interviews.
We face incredible demand for our service and are delivering significant value to elite engineering companies like Interana, BuildZoom and Minted. We are funded by top VCs including Formation8 and Founder Collective, plus the founders of companies like Glassdoor, Mulesoft, Lookout, OPOWER, MediaLink and CAA. Karat is headquartered in the University District of Seattle, WA.
Engineering at Karat
As a member of Karat's engineering team, you will get to work on an exciting mission with a superstar team that feels like family. You will be able to easily relate to the product given that we've all been through technical interviews. We work in a Ruby and Unix environment, practice continuous integration and regularly unit test. As we are a young company, you will receive close mentorship from industry veterans as you help us to shape the premium interviewing experience we are endeavoring to create. We want individuals who are hungry to take ownership of their work and who want to make a significant impact. We believe that a flexible work environment is where people are most comfortable and productive.
- You believe in our mission and crave the ownership and responsibility we will give you.
- You have strong experience in a dynamic language used for web development, such as Ruby, Python, or Go.
- You’ve worked on web apps – you know how HTTP, Rest, and web security works.
- You are at home in a Unix/Linux workflow.
- You have a distinct passion for product driven development and you love writing clean, understandable, and maintainable code.
- You have a desire to learn and improve your craftsmanship, plus you will always go the extra mile to provide happiness to your customers.
- Interviewing, teaching, or mentoring experience is a plus as it will help you relate to our mission and culture.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.