Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Demandware Commerce platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic. Demandware drives the success of high-growth brands Leading brands such as Playmobil, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, L’Oreal, Callaway, Panasonic and Barney’s – to name a few. Today, we power digital commerce for more than 130 retailers across more than 500 sites around the world.
As an intern in Commerce Cloud's Software Engineering group, you will participate in the development of an enterprise-class ecommerce SaaS offering. Working within an Agile project team, with the guidance of a mentor, you will contribute to the team’s deliverables.
Commerce Cloud is looking for an intern who is passionate about data and analytics and would like to put that passion to work. As a Software Engineering Intern you will play an integral part in the development of our emerging analytics platform. You will be responsible for developing analytics applications for the Demandware cloud. We’re looking for a talented software engineer with the skills to solve complex, large scale, data analytics problems in the e-commerce space. In this role you will be part of the product development organization defining, building and testing the next generation of data-driven e-commerce applications.
- Develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications.
- Participate in full development life cycle.
- Support, maintain, and document software systems and application functionality.
- Analyze business needs to determine technical requirements.
- Understanding of the full product development lifecycle (design, development and testing)
- Strong software development skills in JAVA
- RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, Postgresql, …) related experience a plus
- Previous Big Data experience (Hadoop Map/Reduce) a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills allowing you to convey technical information in an unambiguous and accurate manner
- Self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts and products quickly
- Strong curiosity and analytical skills to troubleshoot complex problems
- Good understanding of web technologies
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week
- Minimum Junior in university
- Previous internships a plus
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.