The Samsung Computing Science Innovation Center is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Convergence team as a Senior Front-end Engineer. The Computing Science Innovation Center is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to have direct impact on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide. The Convergence team is focused on user experiences that involve multiple end-user consumer electronics devices acting in cooperation to provide valuable services to Samsung’s customers. In this team, you will be responsible for collaborating with world-class researchers to produce proof-of-concept technology demonstrations on current and upcoming Samsung product platforms.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- Help to shape user experience for home consumer electronics products and appliances including televisions, sound systems, IOT, etc..
- Work with other engineers to develop software/hardware platforms and tools to support quick design iteration or UI development.
- Build distributed software systems, prototypes, and applications that integrate emerging technologies and utilize a variety of networking protocols
- Work closely with UX designers, researchers and other engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky development problems.
- Rapid prototype UI concepts for testing and team feedback.
- Apply the best practice on prototyping under tight deadlines, while effectively managing trade-offs between user experience and technical feasibility.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid background in computer science, human factors, human-computer interaction, or related fields.
- Strong skills in rapid software/hardware prototyping in tools such as Html 5, iOS, Android, Arduino, etc..
- Strong understanding of MVC concept.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong, clean visual/interaction design sense.
- Experience on creating server side services in Node.js
- Experience on Vue.js
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.