New York, NY
Intersection is seeking a Software Engineer with some specialty in Machine Learning to engage in production development projects and prototyping/POCs on client projects. We are looking for candidates who have explored Machine Learning in production environments, and who are able to use a variety of technologies in the web, mobile, desktop, cloud and related tech spaces to create amazing user experiences. An ideal candidate would be capable of balancing good engineering practices with selecting the most useful ML algorithms to solve specific problems. Such a candidate would also be expected to work in an agile process to regularly deliver incremental improvements. We utilize test driven development and have a strong commitment to code quality, scalability, and resiliency. A passion for excellence and a positive attitude are required.
Skills we are looking for include experience in NLP, Computer Vision-based ML, Neural Networks (specifically experience with Tensorflow), and a create approach to ML problem-solving in the real world.
- Work with designers, engineers, and product leads to create innovative solutions
- Suggest and implement the optimum ML solutions
- Help develop frameworks and platforms for ML internally and for clients
- Assist other Software Engineers in understanding the utilizing effective ML
- Integrate proprietary libraries and open source software into existing systems
- Creating and improving system architecture for high scalability
- Create integrations with third party services and external APIs
- Provide technical insight to the business development staff when needed
- 4-6+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Extensive experience working with functional and object-oriented programming
- Experience applying software engineering design patterns
- Strong proficiency with algorithms and data structures
- A track record of solving problems and getting things done
- Proven ability to effectively work with team members and business stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical — Engineering, or a related field from an accredited university or 4-year college is required. Focus on ML in CS or post-CS degree is required.
- Strong Experience implementing ML production systems
- Experience owning whole systems and not just parts
- Experience designing distributed systems
- Experience working in a test-driven environment
Intersection is a technology and media company committed to improving the urban experience at the convergence of digital and physical worlds.
Our unique set of assets focuses on leveraging emerging trends in technology to improve the quality of life in cities as well as create products to grow and develop businesses. With 12 offices, media in 60 markets, and 500+ people across the United States, we carry expertise in:
- Technology & Innovation
- Advertising & Media
Our work spans across a variety of markets in cities, government, mass transit, airports and airlines, cultural institutions, retail, and telecommunication providers.
Intersection is the lead company behind LinkNYC, the largest and most advanced public Wi-Fi and street furniture network in the world. By providing up to 10,000 communication hubs for City residents and visitors with free public Wi-Fi, access to communications, information, and municipal services across the City, Intersection aims to create an array of solutions to help make cities around the world more livable and connected.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.