Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including machine learning, natural language processing, information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, security, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a Software Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google?s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to handle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Industry Solutions team at Google Cloud Platform (GCP) uses the best of Google technologies and capabilities to solve high value problems in repeatable and scalable ways for specific industries. We are looking for domain experts in targeted industry verticals to work with multiple teams inside of Google as well as customers to develop these solutions from prototype to product. You should have the ability to work across Google and explore technologies and solutions applicable to your specific industry.
You will plan and execute data and machine learning focused software solutions for your industry vertical with multiple internal Google teams. You will use your expertise in domain specific problem solving – data models, market and sales analysis, data and analytics to build compelling and repeatable solutions. You will dive in and learn Google's storage and compute infrastructure and machine learning capabilities. You will help create Data APIs to bring unique Google data sets to market. You will be highly entrepreneurial and focused on rapid execution, and be able to build scalable products with market feedback. You will make sure customers have a complete and seamless solution in both pure cloud and hybrid environments.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to handle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Help build a complete set of solutions that a given industry needs to be uniquely successful on Google?s cloud. Work with customers to understand and refine problem scope.
- Build prototype solutions using GCP infrastructure focused on industry data and analytics problems. Generalize early solutions into resellable software products and support these products.
- Collaborate with internal Google machine learning teams to bring advanced capabilities to the retail, media or healthcare problem space.
- Enrich product data by using machine-learning algorithms to classify products, match products and extract attributes.
- Work with Google data sets (such as Geo data) and applications to build unique solutions. Build complete customer solutions.
Qualifications Minimum qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of software engineering experience coding in Java, C/C++ or Python and 3 years of experience working within domain specific verticals (e.g. Retail, Healthcare, Financial Services or Media).
- Hands-on software development and prototyping experience developing machine learning algorithms to solve business problems.
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools with direct experience with enterprise customers.
- Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- Deep expertise in industry specific technologies with a history of building successful vertical solutions. Expert in machine learning software engineering with experience in Retail (e-commerce platforms or SaaS offerings); Healthcare (health or life sciences and/or medical records, patient management, insurance and claims, or diagnostics); Financial Services (banking, investment, insurance) or Media (media content, monitoring, statistics, analysis or social ranking).
- Product design with analytics, product data modeling, or business intelligence experience and direct exposure to enterprise customers.
- Experience with Google cloud technologies including TensorFlow, BigQuery, G Suite and Google cloud APIs.
- Experience in either Retail, Healthcare, Financial Services or Media.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.