Rocket Fuel is a leading programmatic marketing platform that learns. Through artificial intelligence at big data scale, we optimize performance, awareness, and lift across channels for agencies and marketers. At over 1,000 employees strong, our bold and innovative team continues to reach new frontiers while fueling incredible success for our customers.
The machine learning team sits at the heart of our technology, and delivers on the core brand promise of bringing rocket science to make advertising more rational and effective.
What you will do:
Rocket Fuel’s technology platform supports a real-time bidding system that handles over 100 billion events every day (vs ~ 3 billion daily Google search queries), a reporting system that aggregates and analyzes terabytes of data in real-time, and a learning system that applies machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to over 40 petabytes of data. These systems all work in harmony so that Rocket Fuel can serve the right advertisement to the right user at the right time.
The Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning team’s work sits at the core of our technology as the key decision making agent for our systems. We research and develop the algorithms and models that make our software intelligent, as well as implementing, scaling, and maintaining the code that powers our production systems.
Some of the problems we work on include:
- Click/Conversion Prediction : How do you use the rich data we have about users to make predictions? How do you handle conversion events that are really rare, such as purchasing a cruise? How do you deal with cold start problems?
- Bidding Strategies : How do you translate a click or conversion score into a bid? What if it’s a first price auction, second price auction, or has a floor? How do you take into account pacing for hour of day, day of week, and special holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas?
- A/B Testing : When is a result significant? How do you weight across many different campaigns?
- Fraud Detection : Many users of the web are not human, but rather bots, crawlers, or other pieces of software that is loading web pages. How do you detect these users and protect Rocket Fuel from showing ads to them?
- Recommender Systems : Rocket Fuel dynamically tailors ads to each user, including the products shown. How do you decide which products to show in just a few milliseconds?
We work with some of the most cutting edge technologies to solve these problems, including Yarn/Hadoop (close to 2000 nodes), Spark, Hive, Hbase, and Storm. We program mostly in Scala, Java, and Python.
We are looking for talented, intellectually curious, and motivated individuals who are interested in tackling the problems above. We are hiring for all levels with compensation and role depending on experience.
About Rocket Fuel:
Rocket Fuel is a full Programmatic Marketing Platform designed to go beyond 1:1 marketing by learning to predict what marketing actions to take with a particular person in a particular moment of time. Our methodology, which leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and big data, is called Moment Scoring™, and it results in a much more efficient use of marketing dollars.
Rocket Fuel offers brands and agencies managed services, as well as a SaaS-based Data Management Platform (DMP) and Demand Side Platform (DSP), to optimize performance, awareness, and lift across marketing objectives, channels and devices. Rocket Fuel serves 96 of the Ad Age 100, three of the top five agency holding company trading desks, and partners with some of the world’s leading CRM platforms, marketing platforms and systems integrators. Rocket Fuel operates in more than 20 offices worldwide and trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “FUEL.”
Rocket Fuel values and appreciates the diversity of our workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.