The iTunes big data engineering team is looking for talented server-side engineers to build and enhance social features such as those underpinning Apple Music. This is your opportunity to contribute to key Apple services built using massively scaled systems, on a team located in San Francisco and working closely with Cupertino and London.
Minimum of 5 years professional software engineering experience.
Proficiency in building Node.js applications.
Experience with building RESTful APIs.
Experience with a NoSQL solution, document store, or key-value store (e.g. Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, Couchbase).
Comfortable with Linux command line tools and basic shell scripting.
Our team is responsible for architecting and delivering services such as those central to Apple Music Connect that allow users and artists to interact with each other. To build these features, we create server-side applications that employ a combination of microservices, message-passing, caching layers, and distributed databases. We serve our data over cleanly designed RESTful HTTP endpoints used by multiple client platforms making a massive number of requests per second at millisecond response times.
This is a great opportunity to join a small but growing team of motivated engineers, with wide responsibility and high-profile feature ownership. Whether you’re interested in architecture, data modeling, plumbing data pipelines, or designing endpoints, there are numerous possibilities for building new features from scratch and enhancing the existing infrastructure.
- Education: BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience with building highly scalable services using a microservices architecture.
- Experience with message-based architectures using Kafka or other another message broker.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies including Scrum and TDD (test-driven development).
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity or experience with Java or another object-oriented programming language.
- Experience with Git.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.