RiskIQ is a cybersecurity company that helps organizations discover and protect their external facing known, unknown and third-party web, mobile and social digital assets. The company’s External Threat Management platform combines a worldwide proxy and sensor network with clients that emulate users to monitor, detect and take actions against threats. RiskIQ is being used by thousands of companies including F500s and leading financial institutions to protect their web assets and users from external security threats. It is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by growth equity firms Summit Partners and Battery Ventures.
Our Engineering team is at the core of advancing the technological innovations that are the building blocks of our next generation of Internet and mobile security products. As a Developer at RiskIQ, you will play a critical role in executing the overall strategy and vision for our product initiatives. We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern to join our team in Shawnee over the summer of 2017.
Qualities that appeal to us
- We're looking for employees who are capable of learning and can figure things out for themselves. Mentorship is available, but you will often be on your own. Self-motivated, organized, independent – these are key descriptors that you should ascribe to yourself.
- We prize prior experience in our domain: Internet Security. Also desired are technical specializations in big data, Java web app programming, sales engineering, to name a few. That said, raw talent trumps experience: if you can demonstrate the ability and aptitude, we'll consider you.
- We need curious and creative problem solvers. The journey to the solution is often more important than the solution itself.
- We expect excellent verbal and written communication skills. Miscommunication can be just as costly as poor design decisions.
- You must possess a team-centric approach to delivery.
Your responsibilities will include
- Hands-on responsibility for every aspect of our application stack.
- Analyzing, designing, developing, and testing of your projects to meet deadlines and exacting standards.
- Partnering with our DevOps team to design, deliver, and scale infrastructural solutions to meet business needs.
- Significant experience with one or more of the following:
- Java programming concepts
- SQL, particularly with MySQL
- Testing paradigms
- Unix / Linux
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and Ruby
- SDLC Tools, such Subversion, Git, and Jenkins
- Desired experience in one or more of the following:
- Lucene/Solr for similar full text indexing platforms
- Network programming
- Cassandra, Hadoop, or other NoSQL implementations
- SysAdmin or DBA experience
- Android/iOS development
- ActiveMQ or other messaging middleware
- Proficiency in one other programming language
- Machine learning experience
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work – Welcome to the underbelly of the Internet. We detect and expose malware, viruses, exploit kits, botnets, affiliate fraud, advertising fraud, and illicit mobile apps, among other things. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the domain knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We are a company on the uptick – We have a proven business model: we were profitable after our first year of business, and we continue to grow our profits year over year. Our client list reads like the Hollywood A-list of tech and financial Fortune 50 companies.
- Talent begets talent – Our founders are the reason people join us. Our CEO is a respected industry expert whose domain knowledge is unbelievably vast, and our CTO exudes knowledge, skill, and a tremendous work ethic. Both sweat knowledge from their pores, and it's all yours if you're able to soak it up.
- Unbounded opportunity – We are small and we are growing. You will be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle – new career development opportunities constantly pop up given our growth rate. Want to design a new data center from the ground up? Or architect a big data back-end to double our storage and increase our analysis capabilities to triple figure terabytes? These challenges are yours for the taking if you prove you're capable.
- Flexibility – You will have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.