The Software Engineer Intern
will gain exposure to and work toward functional competency in the field of
software engineering as it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The position will code, test and debug
applications that meet system standards and functional/performance
requirements. The Software Engineer
Intern will assist with the activities for approved projects, system improvements,
and ad-hoc or emergency requests. The
Software Engineer intern will maintain an understanding and work to develop
expertise of the functional processes used by Asurion.
Throughout the 10-week, 40hr/week internship, the
intern will work with industry professionals and will receive training/guidance
from these professionals on a weekly basis.
If the intern performs well throughout the internship, there will be
opportunities for fulltime employment once the intern graduates.
written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide deliverables in
time sensitive projects.
in one or
more programming language i.e. Java/C#/C++
- Knowledge/experience in some of the
Development & Analysis
Scala, Hive, Spark, HBase, Storm, Redshift, R, Kinesis, S3, and EMR.
/ OOP knowledge
Web Application experience
and experience with big data and machine learning
- Knowledge/experience in one or more
of the following areas: RESTful web services, NoSQL technologies (Cassandra,
HBase, DynamoDB), real-time streaming (apache storm, apache spark), Big data
batch processing (Hive, SparkSQL), Cloud Technologies (Kinesis, S3, EMR)
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with excellent
verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong internal customer service skills, ability to use
tact and diplomacy, and to work effectively within a team (positive, process
- Computer Science (or related major), Mathematics
- Develops effective, maintainable code
in a timely fashion.
- Follows established coding standards
and techniques, assists with establishing standards.
- Develops proficiency in the
application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department’s
- Develops proficiency in the business
processes that drive the applications within the department’s scope.
- Develops a working knowledge of
Asurion’s applications and system integration.
- Assists with the compilation of
status notifications for business stakeholders and Client Relations.
- Ensures code compiles with security
policies and guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.