This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is looking for creative, talented individuals to join our world-class Speech, Language, and Multimedia group and to help us advance the state-of-the-art in our areas of operation. Our work ranges from seminal research and development to advanced fielded solutions. BBN's research team collaborates with universities on a range of cutting edge projects. Our research activities drive the development of industry-leading 24×7 solutions and their deployment into demanding user environments.
At BBN, Staff Scientists work with a team of experienced staff to design and implement new techniques in a variety of technologies, including speech recognition, speaker ID, language ID, machine translation, information extraction, question-answering, machine learning, NLP, document image processing, and video analysis. Responsibilities include algorithm implementation, testing, analyzing, and documenting the performance of the new algorithms, and integrating the resulting advances into existing systems and components.
* Degree in Computer Science (CS) or related areas. 4 years of direct experience; or MS in relevant field and 2 of direct experience.
* Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
* Fluent in Java and well versed in object oriented programming.
* Familiar with distributed systems
* Can drive the software lifecycle from initial design to working prototype to deploying at production scale collaborative environment
* Strong communicator with demonstrated ability to address customer needs in a dynamic environment
* Comfortable supporting research codebases written in Python or Perl
* US Government security clearance may be required. A willingness to apply for such a clearance and US citizenship required.
* Background in probability, statistics, or machine learning
* Experience in multimedia processing technologies, streaming audio/video and supporting standards
* Has managed large-scale data sets using Hadoop, Accumulo, Elastic, or other NoSQL systems
* Has containerized software for continuing integration, delivery, and deployment via Docker, Mesos 88615
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.