1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Software Engineer, Full Stack
As Capital One becomes the leader in the financial technology space, we are seeking passionate Java Software Engineers, with an emphasis on passionate, to take the company where it is going. This opportunity is for Full Stack Developers who are interested in working in a collaborative environment while working on new technologies and building amazing cool things. Expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Team members will be able to participate in the technical design, development and implementation of Java based web applications.
The ideal candidate will be able to jump right into a software engineering role. Looking for a strong character who is very assertive and articulates technology well. This person need to understand the buzzwords not just say / use them. This person should have a focus on performance and needs to know how to build a complete application from the DB through to the front end work with nothing more than a conceptual understanding and visual designs as needed. They should have a passion in learning new technologies, innovating and driving change, and collaborating other developers.
- Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Mentor and raise the game or teammates in all areas
- Full participation in the Agile Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion!
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc)
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- You’re a tinkerer and love technology – Myo, Amazon Echo, Arduino and IoT, AR/VR, Creative Coding; you like hackathons and innovation sprints!
- Front End Skills: Java Script (jQuery, dojo)/CSS/HTML, Single Page Applications (AngularJS, React), Responsive Design
- Back End Skills: Microservices, REST, JVM (Java – Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc; Clojure), NodeJS, Database (Postrgres, MySQL, etc)
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Service (S3, RDS, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc), Chef, Docker, Ansible
- Automation Testing: Selenium, Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Karma, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
- Build/SCM Tools: Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Gulp, Git, NPM
- DB/Data Platforms: Kafka, Storm, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spring XD/Spring Batch
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 2 years of Software Development experience
- 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- 2 years of experience with No SQL database OR 2 years of experience with MongoDB.
- 1 year of experience with Spring Integration/Spring Batch OR 1 year of experience with Big Data tools.
- Sun Certified Java Programmer/Developer or Application Vendor-Specific Certification.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.