You'll be part of the team driving the success of Intel's New Devices Group, with a focus on sports products. These products will help athletes, coaches and teams improve performance.
We are seeking a software engineer that will be responsible for building a new wave of applications that leverage advanced analytics technology for web and mobile platforms.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in developing machine learning and big data analytics applications for consumers. Any sport domain expertise will be an asset.
We are a team that believes we achieve our best results when we work together, so candidates must be based in Santa Clara, California for this position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop scalable applications that run in the cloud.
- Participate in defining and understand the product requirements.
- Development of extensive test plan using structured tools, and utilities.
- Execution and traceability of test cases on a per release basis.
- Research, test, and implement new techniques, frameworks, and utilities.
- Work closely with partners, application developers and customers to define and implement requirements.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand product requirements, features, and functionality.
Job Description: Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process. Qualifications
- 5+ years experience with one of these languages: C++ or Java.
- 3+ years experience in Python.
- 3+ years experience in one of these databases: SQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- UNIX/Linux platform experience.
- 3+ years experience in big data analytics and Hadoop distributed file system.
- REST API design and implementation experience.
- Hands-on experience deploying applications that require highly scalable, available and distributed architecture.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Git, build management tools and Agile development methodology.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written and graphical).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional, high paced team.
- Ability to collaborate with software & hardware engineers to envision, iterate and implement concepts. Other Locations
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Position of Trust
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.