At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next- generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
The ET Intelligence engineering team at Proofpoint believes that the work we do has a real impact not only to our customers, but also to the world at-large. Our products have been used to prevent financial and identity theft, and even to help convict criminals. We keep the world safe from bad guys.
You will be building systems that turn large amounts of data into accurate, actionable intelligence. You are motivated to understand everything you build, from back-end algorithm changes to front-end improvements. You look forward to embracing our automated deployment process at Proofpoint and owning a feature from initial inception all the way to deployment
We also have a strong culture of open source and knowledge sharing at our company. For example, check out the meetup group run by our head of ET Intelligence Engineering: http://www.meetup.com/IndyBigData/
We believe that small, self-motivated teams can be empowered to do great things. We also believe in the right tool for the job, as evidenced by our toolsets. Our current systems run Hadoop/HBase, Spark, Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, Solr/Lucene, MySQL, Postgres, and more.
- Build prototypes and implement algorithms that run over billions of malware records via Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Java, etc.
- Build systems that interface with our Hadoop infrastructure and incoming streams of malware data using technologies like Kafka, Storm, and Spark Streaming
- Create API routes and web pages that communicate our threat intelligence in a clean, effective manner
- Write automation code that deploys and monitors your systems in the cloud
- Always be learning new technologies and techniques, and push your team members to be the best they can be
What you bring to the team
- Have experience with Hadoop and working with multi-terabyte systems
- Have 2+ years of experience building components in a micro-service architecture
- Have experience interfacing with distributed systems, and troubleshooting distributed system failures
- Have experience with message queue systems, preferably Kafka
- Have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.