Being a key member of the Verizon Telematics Engineering team, this individual will be responsible for designing and creating complex distributed software systems that could be deployed globally in all of the our datacenters. The systems created will be highly available and fault tolerant to handle mission critical customer traffic, and which could be monitored and maintained by our 24/7 network operation center.
If you are a self-motivated, top-tier software engineer with proven problem solving abilities, you will thrive on our core engineering team. You will work in a fast paced environment, creating and inventing solutions that makes the applications faster, more secure, scalable and reliable. We highly value technical expertise as this is a critical component of our product offerings. This role offers a unique opportunity to work on Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark and Kafka.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of Software Development experience building large scale distributed data processing systems/applications or large scale internet systems.
- 2 – 3 years of industry experience with Big Data Technologies .
- Solid Experience with Hadoop Eco System (Zookeeper, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, MapReduce and Yarn)
- Excellent knowledge of designing and implementing NoSQL databases as Cassandra or similar.
- Experience on database design on Hadoop/NoSQL
- Performance tuning of a Hadoop/NoSQL environment
- Designing, implementing and deploying ETL to load data into Hadoop/NoSQL
- Security implementation of a Hadoop/NoSQL environment
- Design and build scalable platform involving truly cutting edge technology and massive amounts of data
- Research and analyze application behaviors and improving performance and stability
- Work within our global network to optimize applications for linear scaling.
- Experience running and supporting big data implementations in a production environment
- Deep expertise in building structured and unstructured database systems
- Experience with the complete software development life cycle, from requirements to design, implementation, testing, and release
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to work well with others
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to a broad ranges of audiences
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience writing streaming jobs in Spark using Java, Scala or Python is a strong plus.
- Experience with distributed streaming platform as Kafka .
- Passion for learning new technologies and mentoring other team members.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.