A9.com, an Amazon company, creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies . Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, A9 Product Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our Search Relevance team works to maximize the quality and effectiveness of the search experience for visitors to Amazon websites worldwide. The goal of the Search Assistance team is to help customers find products faster and with less effort. We develop the most engaged search features on Amazon.com: inline search suggestions, related searches, and spelling correction. Our new generation platform uses massive amounts of data and machine intelligence to generate the best possible search suggestions and deliver results with very low latency.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will propose improvements to the customer experience, design and implement algorithms, conduct A/B tests, analyze experimental results, and launch products. You will drive the product from idea to deployment and the quality of your work will directly impact millions of customers.
Join a small team of passionate software engineers to take your career to the next level. You will work alongside some of the most influential leaders in the information retrieval/search arena in a collegial and fun environment.
At A9, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
- Masters in Computer Science or related field with 3 or more years of industry experience in software development.
- At least 3 years of development experience in Java, Python, C++, or similar programming language.
- At least 2 years of experience implementing data driven software algorithms (e.g. Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing).
- A strong desire to improve the end-customer experience.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience performing and interpreting A/B experiments a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.